Unique Modem/Router IP Problem

TheFinalBob

Hi, recently I went on vacation for a couple of weeks and left my computer in the care of a relative, and now I have a bit of a problem. I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and it works - I could download perfectly before (open ports, top speed), but now it seems that my modem and router share the same IP.

Whenever I visit the IP set out as my address by default (http://192.168.2.1/), instead of bringing it to my router config, it brings me to my Modem Configuration page. I have been googling for hours but haven't been able to find a clear answer, I have tried nearly everything I can think of.

This poses a problem for me now because somehow uTorrent is giving me the red circle of death when it comes to my ports. I don't understand how this happened, nothing has changed on my computer but suddenly I have no way to access my router configuration to see what's going on.

If anyone could give me some help, tips or answers I would really appreciate it, I have tried all the tricks I know but am at a loss for what to do now.

Thanks.

Edit: My speeds have dropped to 25kB/s, I've tried scanning myself for open ports but even with my firewall temporarily disabled my router is blocking me, I need to get to this config page it seems :(

Yes, this is what I get:

C:\Users\temp>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.12(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Although I am not sure what I can do with my IP address to fix this problem.

Archived