Need help with Ports on Mac

cuban11182

Ok, I'm about to pull my hair out since I can't get any of my torrent programs to work. I have a iMac running 10.5.8 and the newest uTorrent. I have a Linksys WRT150N router. I keep getting either the red or yellow light. I've gone through port forwarding to do that whole deal and it doesnt work. I shut off the firewall in the router. My IP through system preferences is 192.168.XXX, but when I go to Whatismyip.com it tells me a 97.60XXXX so I'm guessing that's why I am having issues with setting up my static IP. With my router I have the ablility to forward port range, should I do that? If someone could please just tell me how to step by step set it up that would be great. Thanks.

Edit:

So I figured out why my IP and my Lan IP are different...I'm retarded. I setup my IP to static and forwarded a port for my uTorrent and still no green light. Thanks

I opened up transmisson to see if the port was open and it says it was, but still no transfers. Port is 48963, and comes up yellow in Utorrent after I close Transmission. I do have NAT on in Utorrnet and on my router.

Edit:

Ok so now I just opened up uTorrent and downloaded the most seeded MP3 from TorrentReactor. I am getting transfer, but only at about 25 KB/s and the yellow light is still on.

more edit:

when the torrents are not active, but stopped, the green light will come on eventually, when i go to start them up, then grey or yellow.

Nevermind, it fixed itself.

Archived