Race for P2P plug-in for Google Wave.

zonk1024

• 2 weeks later...

You could make a Gadget for Google Wave and have it share what you are downloading with the select members of your Wave group. So, say I was in a Wave with Johnny Bravo, Fred Flinstone, and George Jetson. Any member of the Wave could load up a Torrent file to the Gadgets' server and each member will choose if they want to download the Torrent file. It would then show who is downloading the file to their computer and the progress and such. But maybe Mr. Bravo only wants to share with Mr Flinstone what he is downloading or only certain specifics to what he is downloading. Also it could show more specifics that µTorrent shares with you individually(to the whole group). You could also see trends and have a bot suggesting material for your group.(like Tastekid.com kind of) This could become a helpful, collaberative and productive way of communicating and sharing your interests with your friends. There would be privacy concerns to be thought of too.

I don't know if that makes sense or if I am making sense lol. But, maybe something to think about?

I sure would like to use that with a group of my buddies.

*shrug* Someone can always use the WebUI API to scrape data from the respective users' µTorrent installations, store the data wherever Wave allows the user to store data, and share that with all users. I don't see why it'd needs further specific input from µTorrent.

Edit (2009-10-10): So I decided to split off the flaming/trolling. Yes, I bit the bait, but no use in ruining the thread either.

Archived