The software is not connected

alex188

HELLO

Somehow I have trouble connecting.

Every port is closed.

Icon does not change the color to green.

My antivirus software is avg 9

Firewall software is off.

Windows Firewall work utorrent was approved.

At first, the software ran well even dropped 13 percent but then suddenly stopped.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window):

NONE

94221919.png

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

An error has occurred!

Port 26757 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information if you need to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian 2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.52.46) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

18682544.png

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

net.max_halfopen set to: 4

modified TCPIP.sys: no. didnt find a guide to win 7

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

WIN 7

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware):

AVG 9. firewall DISABLED !

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

router: none

modem: mototrola sb4200

Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test:

i have cable

44267012.png

You didn't put the values in the correct spot. :(

Leave Alternate upload limit the same as regular upload limit or UNCHECK it.

Max download rate of 0 instead of 1 KB/sec. (Or if you want -- put max download at no higher than 180 KB/sec, since that's about all your linespeed says you can get.)

Global max connections of only 35 instead of 600.

per-torrent max connections of 30 instead of 35. (hardly matter though, since 35 is close enough)

3 upload slots per torrent instead of 30. (This is how many people to upload to at once...with so little upload, you need to keep that number low...or they will refuse to upload back to you!)

Under preferences, queueing...it's best with such a slow connection to reduce both active and downloading torrents to only 1. (1 torrent at a time) You don't have very much upload to give others, so starting more torrents means essentially leeching-without-uploading on some of them. :(

Archived