internet crahses until restart-no router!

ibeenthere

hello,

after two whole days of reading threads and not finding any answer i have desided to try this forum in hopes for solutions...

i had win vista with router connected and utorrent and it worked fine most of the time (occasional disconnection, but probebly due to weak router, without the router it was perfect)

i formated the pc and installed win 7 ultimate, installed AVG 9 security suite and the utorrent.

now the internet works flawlessly during regular surfing, or msn usage, but about a minute after opening utorrent (or even emule for that matter) my internet crahses, i cant surf, the msn can connect, the utorrent seems to be connected but doesnt really download anything and inorder to resture my interent i have to reboot the pc, disconnecting the modem/router doesnt work.

this problem happens with and without the router... so i am complelty clueless!

please help!!!

p.s

if you need crash list or any technical mambo jambo, please explain to me how to get it cause i am not very familiar with these kind of things. thanks!

ok, here goes:

first of all, i have tried everything listed both in utorrent 1.8 and also now with the v2 beta.

here's what i tried to do according to the guide:

Restart µTorrent, your computer, modem, and/or router after performing any of the suggestions below

Try using Switeck's conservative settings

Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try lowering bt.connect_speed to 10 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

(everything was and still as told above)

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar- yellow triangle

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes( http://dslreports.com/speedtest/) - Warning: ISP upload compression was detected. Your upload speeds may be inaccurate.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be- 1.5MG

What you have net.max_halfopen set to- 4

Security software installed- avg security suite 9

Exact router model- router (not connected) level 1 wbr 3408, modem-thompson tcm 305

ISP (Internet Service Provider)- cable company (not sure if it will help stating the name since it's a provider in israel)

Connection type- cable,

the results obtained from the speed test,download-1055 kb/s upload-87 kb/s latency- 242ms

Basic computer hardware specifications (motherboard and/or chipset, CPU, RAM, drive type, etc.)

processor- intel® core 2 duo cpu e6550 @ 2.33ghz

installed memory (ram)- 2 gb

system type- 32 bit

network adaptor- realtek rtl8168b/8111b family pci-e gigabit ethernet nic (ndis 6.20)

not sure if you need more

now i think there's a limit here cause i cant seem to add the two requested logs, if i do, it doesnt let me post...

i don't know...that's how it was written on the page...i just copied it...

and today my provider increased my connection to 2.5...

but the problem still presists...

here's the log from hijackthis (in order to show the other log i need someone to post a reply cause there's a limit here and no double posting allowed):

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 7:25:54 PM, on 10/11/2009

Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe

C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\LXBKbmgr.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe

C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe

C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: myBabylon English Toolbar - {b2e293ee-fd7e-4c71-a714-5f4750d8d7b7} - C:\Program Files\myBabylon_English\tbmyBa.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Babylon IE plugin - {9CFACCB6-2F3F-4177-94EA-0D2B72D384C1} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll

O2 - BHO: myBabylon English Toolbar - {b2e293ee-fd7e-4c71-a714-5f4750d8d7b7} - C:\Program Files\myBabylon_English\tbmyBa.dll

O3 - Toolbar: myBabylon English Toolbar - {b2e293ee-fd7e-4c71-a714-5f4750d8d7b7} - C:\Program Files\myBabylon_English\tbmyBa.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX3000] C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [babylon Client] C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Babylon.exe -AutoStart

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxbkbmgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PC Suite Tray] "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe" -onlytray

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate this web page with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/ActionTU.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/Action.htm

O9 - Extra button: Translate this web page with Babylon - {F72841F0-4EF1-4df5-BCE5-B3AC8ACF5478} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Translate this web page with Babylon - {F72841F0-4EF1-4df5-BCE5-B3AC8ACF5478} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll

O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (avg9emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgemc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (avgfws9) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe

O23 - Service: AVG9IDSAgent (AVGIDSAgent) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe

O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: lxbk_device - - C:\Windows\system32\lxbkcoms.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe

O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

--

End of file - 5758 bytes

Archived