[Suggestion]Some function expected!

LeiMing

1.BTCP is more and more popular.I wonder if uTorrent can support BTCP.

2.Auto pressing boss key after uTorrent runs is very useful when running the software in some special place.

3.Peer manager should be able to delete a peer.I suggest that the software can offer a function that we can setup the upload/download speed for each peer.

4.UDP tracker is needed to support.

5.A function that is "Save torrent as..."

6.I wonder if we can select where to save each file when downloading.

7.When make a new torrent,I wish we can make a "virtual tree" that we can use files in different folders to make a torrent.

It's my advice.If some of them may increase memory used,when it is not used we can disable it and restart this software to reduce memory used.

1. What? I'm with Bleh here.

2. What's this mean? Automatically hide µT when it starts? It already does that for me, it's kinda annoying. I think it remembers the last state it was exited in (tray or full window).

3. That'd be interesting... no comment there.

4. No comment. <_<

5. YES!!! That is actually a great idea. Many torrent files aren't actually named by their folder name and it makes it difficult to pick out which torrent is for the thing you're looking at - e.g. to send to a friend. This would be great!

6. There's a thread about that... I opted for a "change file location" function, essentially. ;)

7. That would be really neat, but then again I don't think µT was designed to actually be a creator by itself... I dunno if that'd go over well.

But this topic really needs a better title, it sounds like some kind of demand, like "I expect something to happen!"... not like "my suggestion list" or something... =\

I'm sorry.English is a little hard for me.^_^b(Still some gramme error or word-using error)

When using BitComet,you will meet "BTCP"---a kind of "URL" that is instead of torrent file for downloading files you want.

About the 2nd:I have just realized it.

About the 7th:Making torrent is also important.

About the 5th:When you change tracker you need save the torrent to send your friends it.

Nah, I had only read about people learning English in Japan or something.

I think it's absolutely incredible that someone could not only learn a new language, but a whole different set of characters as well! Good for you! :D

I only know English here... well... and PHP... and MySQL, but I don't think I can speak those yet! :lol:

Got those backwards, 1c3. ;)

But yes, UDP sucks, big time. The reason Ludde isn't even going to put in UDP support at ALL (AFAIK) is because UDP is unreliable and he'd have to completely rewrite the TCP/IP system to use UDP (as in, literally reinventing the wheel, when the wheel already comes with the car).

As far as setting a speed for a peer, I agree, totally going down the wrong route there. Then you start messing with people that just want to hack their own speeds, etc... and it gets messy. :(

1.BTCP is more and more popular.

Interesting idea, it seems to be like a magnet link for BT allowing you to grab the .torrent file through DHT or something. I'd like it, but AFAIK the current DHT doesn't allow distribution of actual .torrent files? Though I guess if BC is able to use it.. Hmm. (Keep in mind that just because BC has a feature is not a reason for µT to support it too..)

2.Auto pressing boss key after uTorrent runs

I agree, if we have the boss key we might as well have this too.

3.Peer manager should be able to delete a peer.I suggest that the software can offer a function that we can setup the upload/download speed for each peer.

4.UDP tracker is needed to support.

No, forget it, like others said.

I'll save myself the hassle of answering the other two suggestions and instead suggest that you search the forums. Many of these questions have been answered already.

FYI, I speak English and Japanese, English natively, Falcon. ;) In fact I think 90% of people involved with µT forums/dev speak English as a second language.. I'm one of the only native speakers :/

I know.Setuping speed for each peer may cause that BT downloading become slower and slower.It's not good for all of us who use uTorrent.

About the torrent-creating function,there is no software able to finished this so far(at least I don't find).This is not learning from others.Sometimes "virtual tree" is needed,for that I will not need to copy files to one folder.

Downloading files to different folders can be used when a driver can not offer enough space for all files.

About the BTCP,because I often meet this thing:One of my classmates sends me a "BTCP://xxxxxxxxx" and now I use uT only,it makes me unable to download.

It's said that the source of "BitComet" is public,......It's not necessary for me to say,copy the source.

Archived