2 computers + 1 router + 1 inet connection = faster downloads?

EvilJames

I do not know if anyone else has tried this or noticed this but I have over and over again.

I have one inet connection with dsl 6megish, I have 1 router (netgear), and I have 2 different computers. If I put 2 torrents to download on the same computer each with about the same seeders and leechers I will average about 400k download total. which is nice. but, if i put the same torrents 1 on each computer and set them to download I will get about 400k download on both. which mean I am downloading twice and fast.

I have 0 idea on why or how this works or why. I have tested it over and over again both on my last inet conection which was cable(mediacom) and now with my new inet connection dsl(AT&T).

And on the same basic topic I have also had 2 nics in 1 computer and hooked both up to a router and managed to do something very similar.

I have tried this with only windows xp 32bit and windows vista business 64bit.

I have heard of some people doing TEAMing with nics but I am not.

So has anyone else tried this? Or experiance something like this?

no I am not getting half the speed from the other computer. for what ever reason it does allow more downloading at faster speeds.

Nope no L.

maybe my explaination was poor i will try again.

1st attempt

computer A

Torrent 1

Torrent 2

Computer B

No torrents

----------------

total dl speed about 400 to 500 total for both

2nd attempt

Computer A

Torrent 1

Computer B

Torrent 2

----------------

Total dl speed 800 to 1000 total for both(400 to 500 dl on each computer)

I have tried this over and over again with different torrents with the same results. I have checked and it does not look as if my isp when I was on cable inet or dsl inet caps dl with torrents or ports.

So it does actually work for me over and over again no matter which torrents I use. In fact I have thought about adding a 3rd and possible a 4th computer just to see if on each computer the same thing happens.

Archived