Sort by 'Completed On' bug in 1.8.4 version

check_

I've just found that when i try to sort torrents in the list by 'Completed On' column, it does it wrong.

Let us assume that we dont have uncompleted torrents in the list to make an explanation easier.

Then, when everything works right, if we sort torrents in descending order by 'Completed On' (this way torrents are sorted according to the time their downloads were completed), the most recently downloaded torrent should be on the top. But in 1.8.4 its on the bottom of the list! e.g. If we have 2 torrents, 1 downloaded today at 14:00 and 1 downloaded at 17:00, in descending order the first one is placed on the top of the list, whereas it should be on the bottom.

I found that this happens only in 1.8.4 version, 1.8.3 version is ok.

I hope you understood my explanation of the problem :)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=63106

A bug was in 1.8.3 and older, and was fixed in 1.8.4 and newer.

To sort the Completed On column in ascending order is to sort from earliest completed to latest completed, and if the torrent is incomplete, then it will complete at a future time, meaning it should come after the latest completed torrent.

To sort the Completed On column in descending order is to sort from latest completed to earliest completed, and if the torrent is incomplete, then it will complete at a future time, meaning it should come before the latest completed torrent.

Well, it seems that you're right about how it should work properly. But the way the sorting was done in previous versions was more useful, because, when sorted in descending order, the latest downloaded torrent was on the top and it was easy to find it and open it.

Archived