µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get 2.1 to work. Either with installing or standalone, the utorrent process is on but 1) I can't see utorrent anywhere (no icon on systray, etc) and 2) it's constantly eating up 50% of the CPU. I can only close it by killing the process.

In contrast, opening 1.8.5 RC2 works normally.

Windows 7 x64 Professional here.

Agreed with alex, cause it was mentioned if anything NEW is added that it 'resets' the GUI Settings, but just upgrading to the new Alpha does the same which goes against what was mentioned about addition of something 'new'.

Kinda a bother/annoyance, so hopefully in future alphas that can be fixed somehow.

(bug?)

I want to download a torrent with many files inside and before download I select only 2 files from 10

this 2 files where downloaded whith no problems, but when I try to switch priority to normal for other files in this torrent, I recive an error "The handle is invalid"

(bug?)

I want to download a torrent with many files inside and before download I select only 2 files from 10

this 2 files where downloaded whith no problems, but when I try to switch priority to normal for other files in this torrent, I recive an error "The handle is invalid"

I am getting the same bug in utorrent 2.1 alpha. I cannot download a initially skipped file, however I can skip a file being downloaded and restart downloading it without problem. This happens in both the 2.1 alpha versions of utorrent. Pretty annoying bug! :mad:

Hi,

I don't know the quote function on this board, so.

"There are Vuze versions which can run both DHT types to bridge the gap, so there is even LESS reason to impliment Azureus DHT."

This is clear, but don't you think the Azureus DHT is more feature rich and the mainline DHT implemention is missing extensions and features found in Azureus DHT?!?

"3) No. Completely incompatible DHTs. And Vuze is a dead client anyway."

Why you wrote Vuze is a dead client?

Is this your personal opinion?

I mean there are many many Vuze/Azureus users out there.. :)

iNsuRRecTiON from Germany

Vuze would be essentially a dead BitTorrent client *IF* the BitTorrent portions of Vuze are no longer being bugfixed and new BT features are not being added. It would be a dead client if the company associated with it fails/shuts down. (Though some 3rd party could resurrect the source code and update it.)

I think I have found a minor BUG in the 2.1 Beta (build 17085) version.

Steps to reproduce:

I click the 2nd toolbar button (Add torrent from URL).

Then I press the OK button on the "Add torrent from URL" dialog.

Then press the Advanced button and the list of trackers in the General tab is EMPTY.

Cancel that dialog and press OK on the Add torrent diaog.

Double click on the newly added torrent in the list and the trackers all correctly appear.

I like seeing what they are before activating the torrent. Sometimes I remove some of them. Used to be able to do it all on the one dialog whilst adding the torrent, now it requires another dialog to be opened and to do it separately.

The new build µTorrent 2.1 alpha (build 17085) crashed 3 times n displayed 3 options

report bug to developers

relaunch

close the program

Although it failed to report the bug because of some errors

I'm using windows xp sp3

but when i installed the 1.8 rc 3 it is working fine

I tried again the µTorrent 2.1 alpha (build 17085) n i found that it won't crash when it is open

It crashes only when it is minimised to tray. But after about 2 hours it crashed again

Now finally working good open window no crash after about 8 crashes

please ignore language errors

Hello. I just tried this alfa and have some questions.

uT find few seeds from my network in a moment and this is very good. There was lots more from the country. The speed must be very high, but it's not so high.

I got about 2.7 MB/s.

screen010193458.th.jpg

Then I installed old 1.8.2 and got much better results. Speed increased to 7 MB/s.

screen011194909.th.jpg

Problem with speed I also saw in 2.0 beta.

Why I can get much higher speed with an old version ? What does prevent new uT from download with the same speed ?

Sorry for my bad English.

Archived