max 200

peers 50

slots 3

active 6

downloading 5

connect speed 2

halfopen 15

2.1 17935:

ul speed won't go after 34Kbyte when connection used by another programs(browsing, IMing).

Randomly, dl from webseed stops.

2.0 17920:

ul speed 59-60kbyte

webseed works well

Alright, so I decided to take the plunge and install this.

Mostly, everything feels fine.

Though, it would be nice if video files don't have the "Open" context menu disabled when they're not ready to stream, or at least an option provided to not do this. It doesn't matter for me if a file isn't ready to stream, I do open video files early at times and I'd rather not have to go into Explorer manually to find the file and open it.

I've also noticed that torrents are no longer sorted by name by default, and whenever I try to force the sorting into it, the ordering quickly goes back.

I would like to see local tracker discovery and local peer prioritization...

And ability to discriminate local trackers (containing local peers) to make uTorrent set flag L to peers obtained from them and release speed cap... Some trackers use retracker.local/announce as universal local retracker, ISPs just add it to DNS, and then it works... BEP22 would be better if it will work... Not sure if local retracker should be added to "private" torrents, but it better be added... Most of the trackers are "private" (so, we have less probability to find fast local peer if we don't), and user can always add local retracker manually, anyway... Restricting local retracker usage for "private" torrents does not have sense...

Option to "always announce to local trackers" to make it possible for local peers to download torrent from local network even if all local seeds have high U/D ratio and "Queued Seed" status for that torrent... Many users have 200+ torrents, but only a bunch of them are announced... It lowers the probability to find local peer for other local peers... If torrent have several main trackers and local retracker (obtained through BEP22 or retracker.local) it would be nice if "Queued Seed" torents will be announced to local tracker, but not to the main trackers (if U/D ratio is high)...

I'm just trying to imagine how to increase local traffic flow and decrease ISP's external link congestion...

Rather than having uTorrent "guess" what local is, via new complex frameworks bolted into the protocol...or making broadcast messages across both the local LAN and a hop or 2 above it.

...Let's have access to what already exists.

Better 2-tier performance from local/internet could become possible if we could define what "local" ranges are. In short, editing the internal LAN list. Ideally, we'd even have to set the speed max...as it may not be prudent to go as fast as the interface will bear even with uTP.

My UpLoad limit band is 120kB/s

-- 2010-01-26: Version 2.1 (build 17935)

in this version (build 17935) my upload-LIMIT is 88kB/s # NO MORE THAN THAT SPEED #

-- 2009-12-15: Version 2.1 (build 17618)

in this version (build 17618) my upload-LIMIT is 120kB/s # my atual version in use#

You can see why this happened reduce the average rate of transfer?

d/

Better 2-tier performance from local/internet could become possible if we could define what "local" ranges are. In short, editing the internal LAN list.

It may be useful for small networks with a couple of different IP ranges, but what about big ISPs with much more subnets/ip ranges?.. How many users are really that technically educated to know how to customize that "list of local IP ranges" and take benefits?..

The simpliest solution I imagine: You have local tracker - right click - mark as local... Then the client treats all peers reported via that tracker as local and loose speed cap for them... You can even have an option in preferences, text field to enter the address of your local tracker...

BEP22 seems good, but I've heard that not all users can make SRV DNS requests, or something like that, I'm not sure, I've never had such problems... And simple A/AAAA record is good too... Let's make an agreement to always treat http: // retracker.local / announce as local tracker... Some ISPs are using that already, anyway... And it works well... It's better than multicast-based LPD we have at the moment...

The last thing we must think about is announcing "private" torrents on local trackers: allow or deny?.. Speed and traffic internalization or supporting stupid concerns about ratings, UL/DL ratios, "top-seeder" statuses and all such pointless crap we have on "private" torrents now...

My UpLoad limit band is 120kB/s

-- 2010-01-26: Version 2.1 (build 17935)

in this version (build 17935) my upload-LIMIT is 88kB/s # NO MORE THAN THAT SPEED #

-- 2009-12-15: Version 2.1 (build 17618)

in this version (build 17618) my upload-LIMIT is 120kB/s # my atual version in use#

with .......... 30%-40% ..... REDUCE UPLOAD BAND IN VERSION ALPHA ?

d/

Archived