µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firon:

You could be useful and get me a wireshark dump of what happens your download fails.

Aren't I always ? For you - anything. Tho I'm still waiting for you on the last repro you requested and I posted for you... :P

See the two downloads - @ #167 & #3392. The first one - interrupted at ~200K, the second was successful.

And if you can let me know your interpretation of it - I'll be able to contact my ISP support with it.

Note that uTorrent was downloading in the background! SO you can also see it there is any intervention with it's traffic.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j5tyyjmmmgz/save-download_utorrent-exe_interrupted.pcap

It sure feels like something my ISP would do ...

edit:

local IP if you need it to Filter - 192.168.2.3:32457

Hi there, first time poster here but long time user.

I usually dont get involved much on forums but this latest build18429 has got me a little stressed. I've never had any issues with previous 2.1 builds and i've been using them since day one.

- the window doesnt remember its shape

- a couple of crashes, and it never ever crashed before . Sorry i didnt save the dumps, maybe next time.

- disk overload 100% after a while and the download speed drops to a few kb but the upload remains the same and it doesnt recover, even when utorrent is the only program running. The torrents i download, around 20 at a time, aren't very high speed, usually around 300 kb/s down and 300 kb/s up. In this situation if i try to close the program it just freezes and i have to kill the process. My hdd seems to be working fine otherwise, its a WD Caviar Black, so performance isnt an issue, and running win 7 x64.

Firon:

You could be useful and get me a wireshark dump of what happens your download fails.

Aren't I always ? For you - anything. Tho I'm still waiting for you on the last repro you requested and I posted for you... :P

See the two downloads - @ #167 & #3392. The first one - interrupted at ~200K, the second was successful.

And if you can let me know your interpretation of it - I'll be able to contact my ISP support with it.

Note that uTorrent was downloading in the background! SO you can also see it there is any intervention with it's traffic.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j5tyyjmmmgz/save-download_utorrent-exe_interrupted.pcap

It sure feels like something my ISP would do ...

edit:

local IP if you need it to Filter - 192.168.2.3:32457

Thanks. :P

Yeah, I need to actually spend some time looking at your settings file to see why yours transp_disposition goes to 0.

I've also been having problems with "Disk overloaded 100%" since the last update to 18429. Never had anything before now and after the update have them constantly and they're only "fixed" by restarting uTorrent.

Changed the disk cache to 128MB now. See if that works.

Edit: crashed after a while. Couldn't submit report because HttpSendRequest failed. Trying with 64MB.

Edit2: also crashed. 32MB.

Edit3: Overloaded. I give up. Went back to 2.0 and got fixed.

unfortunately the forum has no "search in thread" or "view all pages at once", so maybe I am not the first one to mention this:

1. row height in bottom "Files" pane has been unnecessarily increased to 120%, it looks untidy.

2. how about an option to display BITrate of video, not BYTErate?

I mean a separate option, not linked with overall display of speed in bits/bytes.

3. regarding new job status icons:

• they look ultimately unconvincing to say the very least

• alternating background color is ignored now, also when a line is selected.

• 'paused' icon looks like one block, not two

• 'queued' and 'stopped' pale blueish icons look almost the same because of the color choice

4. Speed Graph pane shows up after a noticeable delay (~100 ms)

p.s. 2.1.18429 on xpsp3en/x86 with classic UI (no theme)

i never, never, NEVER have problems with Utorrent...

but my UT ask me to update...after this. my utorrent crash and i have disk overload, never seen this problem before.

i think this not my pc problem.

if i download a another version? can fix my download problem? until they fix the new build..

Archived