µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHT will keep working if you a) already have cached nodes B) have a public torrent (it uses regular peers to bootstrap too) or c) use a particular .torrent with a DHT node embedded, even if the router is down. And I started it again, trying to debug why it sporadically crashes every so often...

So you aren't going to even try because you THINK that the steps don't address the specific case that's happening (even though the steps specifically handle this case)?

Let me put it this way.

1. Oh fucking really?

2. I don't install shit code made by retards

3. The point is to use torrents without trackers, I'm well aware connecting to a tracker with these torrents would log me in as described in my original post, I want to be logging in on cold boot with no torrents like I always have.

4. lolwut when the router is down

Is that clear enough for you?

DHT will keep working if you a) already have cached nodes B) have a public torrent (it uses regular peers to bootstrap too) or c) use a particular .torrent with a DHT node embedded, even if the router is down. And I started it again, trying to debug why it sporadically crashes every so often...

Thanks Firon, but this only appears to have happened twice (at least for me) and I've been removing trackers from my downloaded torrents for quite a while. Possibly a recent change?

uT 2.1 (2.0.2 nope) have problem with torrents with folders (torrent without folders are not affected)

e.g. torrent looks like this

Data\data1.dat

Data\data2.dat

when you download this torrent and stop it and next restart uT

uT will revert names to

Data\data1.dat.!ut

Data\data2.dat.!ut

even this files are downloaded in 100%

It is known bug ?

OT: OpenOffice (portable version rocks :)) > other paid offices

Router goes down, you need bootstrap nodes.

My steps give you bootstrap nodes.

You refuse to follow my steps, you basically refuse to fix your issue.

Downloading openoffice doesn't mean installing openoffice, and it's not "shit code made by retards".

Are you fucking dumb or did you just not bother reading my post? Step 3 is OpenOffice not step 2. Step 2 was PeerGuardian, shit code made by retards.

Again, let me highlight my post for step 3 a.k.a. OpenOffice torrents et al:

The point is to use torrents without trackers, I'm well aware connecting to a tracker with these torrents would log me in as described in my original post, I want to be logging in on cold boot with no torrents like I always have.

Did I say to install peerguardian?

No.

I said to configure it or uninstall it.

2. I don't install shit code made by retards

Subtle hint maybe? Try giving some real advice for once instead of just linking to a topic and then quoting it repeatedly in your usual elitist way. Or if you can't give any advice, don't bother replying. Consistently telling me your link is the "problem solver" when I have told you it is not, just is not helpful, it's annoying and arrogant.

You can be an elitest jerk if you are that good o.O From what I have "heard' DWK is that good..

Either way, "FunkyDude" got what he thoroughly deserved.. +1 for the mod team :)

Quick query, and one I am sure you are sick of hearing (and hopefully this makes a point), any chance opening a torrent file will case uTorrent to open AND add the torrent at the same time?

All those scrubby beta users get the uTorrent adding love, just not us super dedicated uTorrent loving geeks who are helping you test your software :(

You all make me sad :(

I have been updating regularly and 19702 seems to have solved the problems with memory and disk usage. Many thanks.

However, I have been having problems with Microsoft ISATAP Driver & IPv6/Teredo. The services can not start and Device Manager persistently shows ! opposite them.

I tried re-installing the drivers many times but the problem persists.

I accidentally unistalled the IPv6 from Device Manager and could not re-instal it from uTorrent.

My download rates have deteriorated very markedly.

Any advice, please?

I'm having trouble adding new torrents through Falcon remote interface. When I open torrent from local computer in Falcon, it appears in the list. But no seeds or peers can connect. When I open the same torrent file on remote computer through Windows remote desktop seeds and peers connect immediately. I tried to do this with differrent torrent files and result is the same. What could it be?

uTorrent 19702 on Windows 7 X64, still having the problem with streaming stuck on missing blocks.

It seems uTorrent gives up downloading some blocks required for streaming after pressing the streaming button that launches the VLC player.

Initially after beginning streaming, uTorrent marks a range of blocks at the beginning of the stream as required for streaming, colors them green in the pieces tab, then starts to download them with higher priority.

But about a minute after launching VLC, more and more green blocks change color from green to white, and all such blocks remain white, uTorrent never requests them again, as if it forgot they exist.

Then, when the streaming reaches a white missing block, the video in VLC freezes because the required data is missing.

No matter how much time you wait, uTorrent will not try to download the missing block that caused the streaming to stop.

If you close VLC, uTorrent immediately starts downloading the "forgotten blocks", and they become green again instead of white, as if uTorrent suddenly remembers them.

If you start streaming again, the problem repeats with another set of missing blocks. The problem can be reproduced every time.

I made a print screen of the pieces tab, showing the white forgotten blocks followed by a new range of green blocks just requested.

whiteblocksbeforegreenb.png

I reported this problem before, all versions from the last 3 month had this problem, and I can still reproduce the problem in version 19702.

This problem is making the streaming feature unusable for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived