µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fixed peer exchange exploit"..?

Also what's with the new Privacy section under BitTorrent in preferences? It doesn't appear to be documented in the Help section yet.

yeah me too, can someone point me to how not sharing your ip with peers works?

Something wrong in the ETA calculation in build 21169: change every second from null to infinite.

whats your speeds on upload and download and the file size?' date=' it can be ETA your upload which may be zero[/quote']

I upload at ~100kB/s and have 100kB/s upload limit but other value are the same.

On all the active torrent (1 or 20 don't change) over the seeding ratio in the ETA field the infinite symbol flash every seconds.

bye

i have the same thing sometimes, with torrenting (in my opinion) the fact u connect and disconnect from so many peers so quickly, makes it it hard for an ETA to be accurately guessed, it is also variable with ur speed so if one of them or both (Uploading/Downloading) are bouncing around like crazy then it is another obstacle in guessing ETA

i might be wrong but so as long as your download is progressing you should be fine :D

i never said you had to be, i said i prefer to be nice :P, and being nice is not a line of work, it is a virtue, though your information is helpful it comes across to readers with daggers :rolleyes:
Users *OFTEN* get angry with us being unable/unwilling to solve their problems despite not giving the requested information. If we don't get tough, they will even go so far as blame uTorrent for every possible failure they're having.

i never said you had to be' date=' i said i prefer to be nice :P, and being nice is not a line of work, it is a virtue, though your information is helpful it comes across to readers with daggers :rolleyes:[/quote']Users *OFTEN* get angry with us being unable/unwilling to solve their problems despite not giving the requested information. If we don't get tough, they will even go so far as blame uTorrent for every possible failure they're having.

i myself do some administrative/user help work, i do understand some people/users are just arrogant towards "admins" and expect them/everyone esle to magically fix the issues they encounter (even self-imposed ones) :mad:

i myself have been helped by you and i find your help to be well structured towards people :)

i do not despise you or dreadwingknight

with that said i think we/i should end it there otherwise this thread will be all about us and our views on administration and what use is that to the users? :rolleyes:

21169 freezes every time a torrent completes.

The file move finishes, but the torrent info is never updated with the new location so after forcing a close/restart, it begins downloading the files all over again because they're not in the downloading directory.

21169 -

Set Download Location prepends the torrent label to the new location.

While moving several of the crashed files from the 'freeze on complete' issue to my 'Television' folder, it actually moved them to 'Television\Television'

Build 21169 freezes in the GUI.The following case occurred.

1:Downloaded immediately after.

2:After the success "Force Re-Check".

Both have occurred shortly after moving files.

WinXP SP3 X86.

I'm seeing the same thing as puka-pon and signe with the latest build. Shortly after a download finishes and it goes to move it from the temp directory to my downloads directory the client hangs.

Shortly after a download finishes and it goes to move it from the temp directory to my downloads directory the client hangs.

Confirmed. The files are moved but in the next session the client points to the old position and restart the download.

bye

Just as Puka-pon, signe and wilpiq above I'm also experiencing freezes when a torrent has finished downloading.

When the download is completed and the files move to a different directory uTorrent freezes and never manages to return to operation. I have to kill it and restart it and the client then searches for the torrent in the old position and it starts to re-download it.

Win 7 ultimate x64

Archived