µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

I am writing this because I have someone in my home that has seizers where flashing things could trigger one. ok at the top right box where it says name # size remaining... right were it says remaining there is something that is flashing it is doing every sec and you cant read what it is but it gives me a headace with little sight. and it just started doing this the last round of alpha's this one and the last one I have tried closing tabs with no luck hopefully someone knows what this is I will try to report this via email too

I have noticed it is the same place on the bar nomatter what is at that space

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there!

all of the torrents downloaded using the latest version (3.0.0.22787) goes from 600 Kb/sec to 40 Kb/sec within a couple minutes of run, i have to push "stop" and then "start" right away to have 600 Kb/sec again... i have to repeat it several times.

is this a bug or something?

I've been having a problem with utorrent getting stuck if I leave it alone too long. I discover that about an hour or two after I start it download and upload both drop down to 0 and stay there until I reset my internet connection (web browser works fine so it's not my connection's fault). Also sometimes when this happens utorrent freezes entirely and I can't even kill it with task manager. The only solution I've found so far is to keep resetting my internet connection but I can't be doing that every hour or so.

This build seems to crash for me when i add new torrent files, especially via the watched directory option.

Same here, It adds the torrent to the list then crashes.

I'm running the utorrent client as a service under a 'service account' with restricted access. Is it possible to configure the logging so that it always logs to a file?

I have been testing the run command after state change or torrent finished, is working really well. After it has finished I want to copy the files, It's a little tricky to find the name of the file or folder with single file torrents being different to folder torrents. Currently I'm doing this, is there a better way?

Code is powershell

#%F - Name of downloaded file (for single file torrents)

#%D - Directory where files are saved

#%N - Title of torrent

#if the name is equal to the file its prob single file

if($N -eq $F)

{

#It's a single file torrent

$Source = join-path -path $D -childpath $F

}

else

{

#It's a folder torrent

$Source = $D

$sourceObj = get-Item -LiteralPath $Source

if ($sourceObj.name -ne $N)

{

Log_Message "ERROR| Folder name does not match %N: $($sourceObj.name)"

$Source = $null

}

}

Thanks

I am using version (3.9.22787) and from this version, if I change the upload limit to 20kb it bypass and go to 50kb +, I have try everything , but I can not keep the upload limit to 20kb. My download is always 25kb.

I tested this on the same version and had no problems.

I had one torrent running and tried setting via status bar (bottom of window) and right clicking on the torrent and selecting bandwidth allocation. Both methods worked as expected (upload went from about 70kb to 20kb).

Webseed with first redirect-reply doesn't work and get banned instantly. Works fine on 2.0.4 and 2.2.RC2.

2.2: Disconnect: redirecting (1)

and rerequests finely.

3.0: Disconnect: invalid http reply (<html>)

Hm, I guess it's yet another webseeding bug. Joy.

Running 22910, does not crash now when loading .torrent from watch folder

Using this process no longer works for me to get info via the webAPI.

I have a power shell script that would use the webAPI to see when downloads have been removed. Now when I call /gui/?list=1&token=<token> I get 400 Bad Request. Changing back to 2.0.4 fixes the issue and the script works again.

Has the API changed?

I'm having a problem with the current beta. For some reason, my upload bandwidth is capped at about 20-25 kB/s although I have set it to "unlimited" in the settings and I usually should get an upload speed around 40-50 kB/s.

Setting the upload speed cap to somewhere below 20 kB/s works fine (+-1kB/s at least), but a higher ones doesn't work.

Are you using the right token?

I believe so, having compared what was returned to what I passed in. Also the script works in 2.0.4 but not in 3.0.

powershell script

$port = "80"

$server = "server"

$user = "Guest123aHjp87dw"

$pass = $null

$utorrentUrl = "http://$server`:$port/gui/"

$webClient = new-object System.Net.WebClient

$webClient.Headers.Add("user-agent", "PowerShell Script")

$webClient.Credentials = new-object System.Net.NetworkCredential($user, $pass)

$result = $webClient.DownloadString($utorrentUrl + "token.html")

"Returned Token"

$result

if ($result -match ".*<div[^>]*id=[`"`']token[`"`'][^>]*>([^<]*)</div>.*")

{

$token = $matches[1]

"url to call | " + $utorrentUrl + "?list=1&token=" + $token

$result = $webClient.DownloadString($utorrentUrl + "?list=1&token=" + $token)

}

Resuts for 2.0.4

<html><div id='token' style='display:none;'>BsIIjTXsKtfWjJqKj9hcJ2q4cRrTYUEQNZ9fMhVbibFPerLwm1YDB5RP0Uw=</div></html>

url to call

http://server:80/gui/?list=1&token=BsIIjTXsKtfWjJqKj9hcJ2q4cRrTYUEQNZ9fMhVbibFPerLwm1YDB5RP0Uw=

Results for 3.0

<html><div id='token' style='display:none;'>zmdlsuY61jEcDoNyZxBgxFZCdeFOtl_TLRREbmviftV026wIeSozv1dR0Uw=</div></html>

url to call

http://server:80/gui/?list=1&token=zmdlsuY61jEcDoNyZxBgxFZCdeFOtl_TLRREbmviftV026wIeSozv1dR0Uw=

Exception calling "DownloadString" with "1" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

I'm having a problem with the current beta. For some reason, my upload bandwidth is capped at about 20-25 kB/s although I have set it to "unlimited" in the settings and I usually should get an upload speed around 40-50 kB/s.

Setting the upload speed cap to somewhere below 20 kB/s works fine (+-1kB/s at least), but a higher ones doesn't work.

In the past I have moved torrents from one bittorrent application to another on different PC's by opening a torrent that is already running on the first app/PC on the second app/PC. The two apps transfer data as fast as my internal network would handle. Might be a way if testing if utorrent is capping the speed some how.

@mrMan01: Thanks, I have tried that and indeed got some MB/s via network (without setting any NAT related things on my other computer). Still setting the upload cap in uTorrent is ignored then completely. I set it to 20kB/s and it kept transferring with the full speed.

@mrMan01: As I understand it, µTorrent 3.0 requires HTTP cookies to be sent now. Can't say I agree with that decision, as it effectively breaks backwards compatibility with clients that don't support cookies (like yours). If I had to make a guess though, I'd say the decision was made because otherwise, µTorrent would have to keep generating a new session/cookie for each and every request that comes in without a cookie.

Archived