µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using latest 3 at the moment.

It has memory leaks(cache size is 2048, uTorrent eats more than 5 Gig of my RAM, but that memory is not assigned to uTorrent process).

After restarting(force killing process) uTorrent memory usage grows slowly (~3 gigs per 8 hours).

My hardware & soft:

CPU:Phenom II (4 cores@2.6Ghz)

RAM: 8Gb

HDD: 3x(160Gb)SATAII(RAID0)

This has been said before, but if this new behaviour of locating the contents of each torrent on startup is really a good idea, maybe it could happen a few seconds after the UI has started instead of delaying.

It's taking upwards of 1 minute on my box before showing anything! I could be mistaken for missing the button if I didn't have process explorer open.

This with about ~800 torrents (only about 10 active/seeding/queued). Many of the actual files don't exist any more and I've just got as "tombstones" so I don't accidentally download something again and others are there so I can recheck them to ensure my IO system isn't silently corupting data.

1. After use Minify Interface, tab Peers becomes empty - http://img254.imageshack.us/i/minifyinterface.png/

2. Global down/up rate limiting and Apply rate limit to uTP connections together work not correctly - http://img407.imageshack.us/i/71059806.png/

W7 Home Premium x86

build 24120 (portable mode)

1) click away then back into the torrent

2) I think our download limiter is busted.

Is there anything I can do to stop prioritizing first and last pieces of files?

(It's been happening for some weeks, I'm using build 24120 now)

I have tried turning bt.prio_first_last_piece on and then off again, no difference.

I don't have any of the advanced options changed from their defaults.

It could be due to how I'm using it though - I'm seeding the torrents one one computer, and downloading them on another. Only 1 seeder and 1 leecher. Does it think those parts are more rare for some reason?

It's a problem for me because sometimes I'll have a torrent with hundreds of files, and I cannot prioritize any of them - no matter what priorities are set, the first and last pieces of every file are always downloaded before starting on any high priority file. (And depending on the piece sizes, it can mean that I can't get any files out of the torrent since my ISP has an extremely low (~400MB) daily allowance.)

I'd also like to say, thanks for all your work in creating µTorrent. It works wonderfully where nothing else does.

That is not a memory leak. It is Windows using memory for cache. Stop obsessing about it.

New 3.0 up with a bunch of bugfixes. There is one caveat though: it leaks connections and will eventually stop making new connections, necessitating a restart of µTorrent. A high connection count will make it take longer to happen.

I'm using latest 3 at the moment.

It has memory leaks(cache size is 2048, uTorrent eats more than 5 Gig of my RAM, but that memory is not assigned to uTorrent process).

After restarting(force killing process) uTorrent memory usage grows slowly (~3 gigs per 8 hours).

My hardware & soft:

CPU:Phenom II (4 cores@2.6Ghz)

RAM: 8Gb

HDD: 3x(160Gb)SATAII(RAID0)

I can confirm this, i have 3gb ram, ussualy its 1.4gb used, but 5m after opening utorrent it increases to 2.1/2.5gb of ram used, and the memory is not assigned to the process

Plus in 24289 I have limit download speed in 10kB/s, and it is at local tracker where I usually have 100Mbit/s. But I have not changed any options, just exchanged .exe file. :(

Reverted back 24023 and everything is OK there, 100MBit/s as it should be.

Confirm exact same problem! but DuMEter (InternetSpeed Monitoring) show that utorrent use full internet speed

(ps i badly know english)

Plus in 24289 I have limit download speed in 10kB/s' date=' and it is at local tracker where I usually have 100Mbit/s. But I have not changed any options, just exchanged .exe file. :(

Reverted back 24023 and everything is OK there, 100MBit/s as it should be.[/quote']

Confirm exact same problem! but DuMEter (InternetSpeed Monitoring) show that utorrent use full internet speed

the same problem. 10 kb/s instead 350 Kb.

returned back to version 24120.

Plus in 24289 I have limit download speed in 10kB/s' date=' and it is at local tracker where I usually have 100Mbit/s. But I have not changed any options, just exchanged .exe file. :(

Reverted back 24023 and everything is OK there, 100MBit/s as it should be.[/quote']

the same problem. 10 kb/s instead 350 Kb.

returned back to version 24120.

That's because of the 100% disk overloaded problem. Please confirm this

Archived