µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the uTorrent disk write caching has basically stopped working. Now except for that moving from 2.x beta to 3.x alpha has been a nice experience here. I wonder though, are there now 64bit builds available for testing?

24289 freezes for ~2-3 minutes when I try removing a single-file torrent from the list (press the Delete key on my keyboard).

Here too, and precisely only when the delete key is used. CPU usage for uTorrent.exe also spikes during that time.

Confirm exact same problem! but DuMEter (InternetSpeed Monitoring) show that utorrent use full internet speed

(ps i badly know english)

the same problem. 10 kb/s instead 350 Kb.

returned back to version 24120.

That's because of the 100% disk overloaded problem. Please confirm this

Disable the Disk cache and problem solved (speeds back up to normal). The 100% Disk overload also disappears from the status line.

In 24289 I can't change name in torrent list.

bye

That problem and also when you resize the bottom window which shows "General, Rating, Trackers Peers, Pieces, Files, Speed", the window does not automatically resize properly. When you add new torrents, the display doesn't get updated so you have to exit utorrent and restart again to see the new added torrents properly.

i think process IO priority is handled by the system, in Resource Monitor (windows vista and 7) :)

EDIT: sorry, had not thought my answer and your question properly :o

i was saying since on windows the IO priority is a system handled thing, that on other OS's the system would handle it respectivley but i don't use linux (for example) as much as windows so i cant be for certain (but you can do almost anything on linux :D )

In 24289 I can't change name in torrent list.

bye

That problem and also when you resize the bottom window which shows "General' date=' Rating, Trackers Peers, Pieces, Files, Speed", the window does not automatically resize properly. When you add new torrents, the display doesn't get updated so you have to exit utorrent and restart again to see the new added torrents properly.[/quote']

This can be a workaround, but isn't normal.

It's an alpha and I'm reporting a bug, I'm not asking a solution. :)

bye

New 3.0 up that should fix the disk overloaded problem. Give it a shot!

Disk cache problem fixed. Still can't rename the torrent though. You can edit the name but once you exit, it jumps back to the original name. Minor issue, most importantly the cache issue is resolved with many thanks. :D:D:D:lol::lol:

Archived