µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have an issue with latest build 24023 and Web UI latest build (v0.380 WIP (2010-12-24)).

It has only started happening when Updating from previous uTorrent build (I already had the WebUI WIP version.

The issue is when deleting torrents from the webUI, when deleting multiple torrents at the same time the back end crashes out and error handling kicks in. I have used the send dump to developers option (24023-utorrent.f3ff.dmp). If I try to delete individual torrents there is no issue, only when selecting multiple torrents for deletion.

For reference, I can delete multiple torrents from the client instead of webui and this works without the crash.

Any thoughts?

Update: I rolled back to uTorrent 3.0 build 23983 and this issue no longer happens. Will wait on the next build update and see how that goes?

what exactly can I do with this version to get it to stop crashing the moment I load it? If I can't do anything what previous version should I dl?

i have the same problem when trying to use the alpha listed at the moment. as soon as i click to run it it crashes and asks if i want to submit the error to windows.

anybody else with this problem? or is there another version i can download? i would love to try out the new webui but can't find a version that will work at the moment.

thanks!

When I use the streaming feature, it opens the file on the local loopback http server.

The problem with this is that VLC can't rewind or fastforward while it is viewing the loopback http stream.

Is it possible to set the streaming feature to open the partially downloaded file on disk instead?

00, you don't need the streaming feature to play the partially downloaded media files. You can associate "!ut" extension with your video player, e.g. "The KMPlayer". And then you can simply doubleclick the video file in "Files" area. KMPlayer plays partially downloaded videos (AVI, MPEG or MKV but not WMV) perfectly.

Is there an opportunity to bypass RSS "history" limit in uTorrent?

I have 20-30 feeds at "ezrss.it" with TV episodes. When the number of loaded/deleted episodes reaches 500 uTorrent resets RSS History and tries to download all these 500 episodes over and over again as if they were new.

I have tried different versions of uTorrent 2.x and 3.0. The problem persists.

When I use the streaming feature, it opens the file on the local loopback http server.

The problem with this is that VLC can't rewind or fastforward while it is viewing the loopback http stream.

Is it possible to set the streaming feature to open the partially downloaded file on disk instead?

When the file is 100% complete, it will not try to stream it. The point of doing it when it's incomplete is to allow you to play the entire file, even if uT stalls while downloading , as it will just let the player "buffer" until uT catches up. This is not possible to do when opening just the local incomplete file.

Is there an opportunity to bypass RSS "history" limit in uTorrent?

I have 20-30 feeds at "ezrss.it" with TV episodes. When the number of loaded/deleted episodes reaches 500 uTorrent resets RSS History and tries to download all these 500 episodes over and over again as if they were new.

I have tried different versions of uTorrent 2.x and 3.0. The problem persists.

So, it hits 500 and throws away the entire history, instead of just throwing away old items?

When the file is 100% complete, it will not try to stream it. The point of doing it when it's incomplete is to allow you to play the entire file, even if uT stalls while downloading , as it will just let the player "buffer" until uT catches up. This is not possible to do when opening just the local incomplete file.

I am talking about incomplete files. KMplayer can play partially downloaded files and even jump though empty blocks. And in most cases you can rewind or fast forward smoothly. Neither uTorrent nor KMPlayer block the file. So they can share access to the video-file. And you can preview the video while uTorrent is downloading it.

Certainly this is just a workaround. But it works in many cases. The only requirement: the initial parts of the file must be complete - so that the player can detect the video format (codec information, etc).

So, it hits 500 and throws away the entire history, instead of just throwing away old items?

Something like that. The number of episodes is approximately 500-600. And uTorrent tries to reload 100% of these episodes - the whole subscriptions list. It happens every time when uTorrent updates the subscriptions.

I tried to reinstall the program and rebuild "rss.dat" and "resume.dat".

When i delete "rss.dat" and "resume.dat" and add all the rss-feeds over again the program behaves normally until the number of the episodes in the Subscriptions exceeds 500-550. And here comes the magic. uTorrent restores all the deleted episodes and tries to download their torrent-files again.

Here is the example: http://rapidshare.com/files/441869934/Feeds.txt

After adding all these subscriptions to the cleanly installed uTorrent you can reconstruct the situation.

boozec

what exactly can I do with this version to get it to stop crashing the moment I load it?

i also have this... but it will load if no torrents active.. but as soon as i load a torrent, crash.. and wont start(crashes and sends report, send report restart, crash, loop) i had to downgrade to a previous version to get it working..

hope the next version fixes

Can you email me some of the dumps? firon at utorrent.com

I seem to have an issue with latest build 24023 and Web UI latest build (v0.380 WIP (2010-12-24)).

It has only started happening when Updating from previous uTorrent build (I already had the WebUI WIP version.

The issue is when deleting torrents from the webUI, when deleting multiple torrents at the same time the back end crashes out and error handling kicks in. I have used the send dump to developers option (24023-utorrent.f3ff.dmp). If I try to delete individual torrents there is no issue, only when selecting multiple torrents for deletion.

For reference, I can delete multiple torrents from the client instead of webui and this works without the crash.

Any thoughts?

Can you also email me some of the dumps? Thanks!

i have the same problem when trying to use the alpha listed at the moment. as soon as i click to run it it crashes and asks if i want to submit the error to windows.

anybody else with this problem? or is there another version i can download? i would love to try out the new webui but can't find a version that will work at the moment.

thanks!

Can you email me the dumps? firon at utorrent.com

Thanks!

> - Fix: Don't connect to ports < 1024 when no-connect-to-services is enabled (which it is by default)

I read about the DDoS capability potential. Glad you guys addressed quickly.

> When the file is 100% complete, it will not try to stream it.

I think the expectation of users is that if you click on the green play button, it'll do something like launch VLC to play the file. If it is 100% complete, then do that if its a playable media file.

> even if uT stalls while downloading , as it will just let the player "buffer" until uT

> catches up. This is not possible to do when opening just the local incomplete file.

There are the upsides and downsides to streaming versus playing the !ut file. For the µTorrent launched stream, I'd like to see:

1) a visual display of the seek/track bar to show what areas are playable and what is not.

2) I want the play meter to be able to track, much like VLC

It goes again the idea of streaming, but sometimes you just want to see bits of the entire file to know if you want to watch the whole thing or not. Streaming has its point, but tracking has its advantages as well.

We're working on some other anti-DDoS measures to the DHT (we actually had been doing so before the paper was published), so you'll see those get rolled in as time goes by.

That being said, the port restriction is being relaxed to only apply to peers obtained from the DHT, so we'll still connect to <1024 if it came from a tracker.

Show download bar crash. Crashedump - http://www.mediafire.com/?1ez92ivvg2gbvbp

And one more problem - http://img3.imageshack.us/i/36919195.png/

build 24120

I am sorry, I don't know English language and I can not will explain a problem in more details. Thanks

That date problem only appears while you're downloading. Probably a trivial thing to fix.

The issue is when deleting torrents from the webUI' date=' when deleting multiple torrents at the same time the back end crashes out and error handling kicks in. I have used the send dump to developers option (24023-utorrent.f3ff.dmp). If I try to delete individual torrents there is no issue, only when selecting multiple torrents for deletion.

Any thoughts?[/quote']

Update: I rolled back to uTorrent 3.0 build 23983 and this issue no longer happens. Will wait on the next build update and see how that goes?

This issue now seems to be resolved in the 24120 build. Thanks Firon!

what exactly can I do with this version to get it to stop crashing the moment I load it? If I can't do anything what previous version should I dl?

thanks!

im still getting this same error with the new version.. :S is there something i need to do to install the alpha properly? as soon as i try to run the exe it crashes and says 'utorrent has encountered a problem and needs to close' any ideas?

Archived