µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

So the uploaders or torrent creators will have to pack there torrents with as less pices and as bigger chuncks as possible if we wanna have a chance this working one day?

Divx webplayer has an ugly picture for me. VLC, HMPC doesnt work with buffering. Any other suggested player here?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes just downloaded the latest. HAd 0.8 before. Latest seems to pickup when stopped.

It would be good to get a torrent together then, with different chunk sizes. Some movie that is free and legit so we could test this out better. Most of the torrents from P.......S, Bt.....e dont really work good and the other private fast trackers rar every shit.

EDIT:

just tried the mininova torrents. They are supposed to be legit and free nowdays right?

Most of them have a chunk size of 128kb. Not one is able to stream for me and most are at 90% already.

Are mininova torrents legit to be posted here? If yes I could pick one documentary movies of lets say 800+MB in size. Make different part chunks and try to host stream it.

Tried steal this film 1. Not stremable until finished and the average download was 430kB/s. Or maybe .mov is just not sremable? Chunk size was 256kb. The parts seemed to download all over the place very balanced. So It didnt look like it downloaded the frist parts first at all.

ok.. here i go

i can play not completed movies with mpc-hc if the last few pieces are completed and some of the beginning is too.. but i can not use mpc-hc as the player set as the stream player(gets stuck opening(buffering))..u used to be able to play incomplete video but the "open" option is grayed out.. if i force streaming and pause the video in the divx web player and then play the incomplete file(which i have to open the folder and open the file in explorer) with mpc-hc it will play with no problems.. imo streaming(sequential piece requests) should not stop when utorrent deems it streamable

my proposed solution to this would be to:

1) change "force streaming" to forcing sequential requests(without its tie to the stream player)

2)add a "play with stream player" option(move the tie in to stream player here)(maybe gray out till streamable)

3) un-gray-out the "open" option(or add a "play with default player")

4) streaming should get the last few pieces of the file to be streamed first then do the sequential piece requests from the beginning of that file

this would allow those of us that have players that can play incomplete files, but have problems with the way utorrent streams them, to stream files with those players without having to have another player running in the background on our browser

the only other suggestion that i can think of is that it would be nice if u could make the transfer speed in 2 groups.. 1 being actual torrent transfer speed.. and the other being the actual speed including overhead

for me when i look at u torrent i want to know the transfer as it relates to the torrents i am downloading... eg i could care less about the overhead and is slightly annoying for me to see it included

but i do understand that some people have limits on their bandwidth and overhead counts toward that

i am glad to say that other then what i stated above i have had no other problems what so ever since build 17618... no crashes(even though log reports "hang" and "unhang" messages sent to utorrent)... no speed problems.. all in all i feel u guys have done a wonderful job

your hard work is much appreciated

i hope my ideas are helpful

Dimmortal does prio first and last piece help, the setting is in advanced preferences. That would solve your 4th suggesting. The goal of utorrents streaming is to sequential download with minimizing any negative affect on the swarm. So suggestion 1 probably won't happen.

yes i know about first and last piece.. i said "few pieces" because with small pieces there is not enough data for the player to see it sometimes doesn't allow the player to catch the end of the file.. and thus will cut off the movie at the point where the chunk that is big enough for it to see is...

as to suggestion 1 maybe should have worded it better.. i want to keep it as it is except remove the tie in to the stream player..make it a "checkable" option... so i can use my own player... and move it(stream player tie in) to a separate option

Archived