µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

Hi there,

I'm new on this board :)

Some questions:

1. Is 2.1 alpha/beta a new development tree and 2.0 is going to be released as final soon?!?

Or will the 2.0 dev tree ported to the 2.1 dev tree?

2. I hope in the final release of e.g. version 2.1, dna is optionally on install or there will be an version without dna integrated as an separate download.

Quote:

"- Change: Made the DHT compatible with future extensions"

3. Does this mean, we will finally getting a more feature rich and compatible with Azureus DHT?!?

In my opinion uTorrent with both mainline DHT AND Azureus DHT support would be great :)

Specially because there are many many Azureus users out there.. :D

I think this could be easily done by the coders.

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON from Germany

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting a 2.1 alpha is a bit redundant, don't you think? 2.0 is a gigantic step up, and performs much better than 1.8 due to the new protocol it introduced. In my opinion, you guys should concentrate on getting out a stable version for 2.0, so it can be whitelisted on private trackers... it has been in alpha/beta phase for years by now, jumping ahead in versions will make it look like it's stuck in developement hell.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi there,

I'm new on this board :)

Some questions:

1. Is 2.1 alpha/beta a new development tree and 2.0 is going to be released as final soon?!?

Or will the 2.0 dev tree ported to the 2.1 dev tree?

2. I hope in the final release of e.g. version 2.1, dna is optionally on install or there will be an version without dna integrated as an separate download.

Quote:

"- Change: Made the DHT compatible with future extensions"

3. Does this mean, we will finally getting a more feature rich and compatible with Azureus DHT?!?

In my opinion uTorrent with both mainline DHT AND Azureus DHT support would be great :)

Specially because there are many many Azureus users out there.. :D

I think this could be easily done by the coders.

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON from Germany

1) new dev tree, and we're hoping 2.0 will be final soon-ish.

2) DNA is not a separate client like it used to be, it now has fully integrated functionality (and only adds a few kb as a result). It's not enabled and the options to enable/control it aren't exposed in this build. It isn't ready yet.

3) No. Completely incompatible DHTs. And Vuze is a dead client anyway.

I'm trying to install this beta, but when the installer finished, uTorrent doesn't start. If I try to open it, the process terminated without any crash dump file. If I try to reinstall this version, the installer doesn't run. I installed the 2.0 beta, and works fine.

I have a Windows XP Professional 32 bits up to date.

man this version kept crashing so i reverted back to 2.0

and 2.0 which never did crash and worked perfectly started crashing every few hours.

omg. i uninstalled 2.0 deleted all the settings and reinstalled (and re-did all my settings again) and it still kept crashing.

so now im back to 1.84 and hopefully it doesnt keep crashing else im gonna have to reinstall windows.

that ll teach me to muck about with alpha versions :D

If you uninstall and delete settings and reinstall this build, on first launch of utorrent, the settings.dat , rss.dat, resume.dat and dht.dat still will not have been formed. You have to restart utorrent and then only they appear inside the Utorrent Application Data folder. Utorrent also logs this on the logger tab. Not sure if this is a bug but wanted to let you know. And great work guys, I thought development of Utorrent was at halt but I guess you were actually working on 2.1 Alpha.

Don't know about possibility or complexity, even if this is the right place, but I'd love to have a "swarm speed" column. Even with estimated average values. Or, something like. Specially when not using DHT (more difficult, huh!)

It could be of some help to many ppl who insist having "bad" settings (they will have a good parameter to compare what's going out there to what's happening locally)

DNA = kid from uT + BitTorrent marriage? I have many already... hopefully an option function, FGS! :lol:

@Ichpuchtli: Impossible -- not even as an estimate, unless you accept "completely made up numbers" to be a rough estimate. There is no such thing as aggregate swarm information in BitTorrent, especially when you generally don't connect to everyone in a swarm. And this isn't the thread for feature requests.

@pestbest: good idea, thanks. The problem is that this version is not allowed at private trackers. I have to agree with zyrobs (above), the developers perhaps should concentrate their efforts finalizing 2.0, since that really opens up new dimensions in itself.

I am heavily throttled thus can't keep decent ratios at the several private sites I am a member of. I am enforcing utp in my 1.8.4 with a certain setting of "bt.transp_disposition" and have excellent speeds but unfortunately able connect to utorrent and one other client only, so I also lose out peers. :-(

Archived