µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change: leave ETA column blank for torrents with no significant seeding goal

Now uT shows only time to end the download' date=' not the time to reach the seeding goal.

bye[/quote']

Yeah, that's the point. You need to change the seeding goal settings to see an ETA now.

Change: leave ETA column blank for torrents with no significant seeding goal

Now uT shows only time to end the download' date=' not the time to reach the seeding goal.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's the point. You need to change the seeding goal settings to see an ETA now.

So to see the ETA I have to set a seeding goal different to default value?

If I check Override default settings and set a different Minimum ratio I don't see ETA anyway.

I don't understand. It's crazy. If you need that, please, add a option to return to previous state.

bye

I've just installed latest 3.0 alpha for the first time. As we all know, isp.bep22 is enabled by default there, and I've encountered kind of odd behavior with it.

Imagine you are downloading a torrent-file which already has bt-cache.example.com line in its announce list. If your ISP kindly supports bep22, then when you'll attempt to download such a torrent, you will find bt-cache.example.com listed twice in announce list. Seems like bep22 implementation currently adds local tracker from DNS SRV entry blindly, and just don't care if such tracker is already present in the torrent-file.

In other words, we really should check for duplicate entries before inserting new local tracker from bep22.

Sorry if I posted this message in a wrong topic.

When using RSS AutoDL, I discovered that Build 24979 is creating a new folder in the destination folder, with the exact filename as the torrented file and is placeing the file in that folder. I had 3 of these since the build installed.

Upon testing with a manual download, I noted the same behavior, utorrent 24979 put the filename into the file save dialog as a folder name.

This is a problem new to this build.

I had to use windows 7 restore previous version. This is the first time during 3 alpha that I have had to roll back :)

ps-gunkie wrote:

What I hate more is that you change the order of those tabs and don't give us a way to change it back.

agreed

as for order of tabs, we also need ability to change order of rss feeds

also, the Send Beta Feedback menu item does nothing. However, could this be due to the torrent machine not having any email client setup?

When using RSS AutoDL, I discovered that Build 24979 is creating a new folder in the destination folder, with the exact filename as the torrented file and is placeing the file in that folder. I had 3 of these since the build installed.

Upon testing with a manual download, I noted the same behavior, utorrent 24979 put the filename into the file save dialog as a folder name.

This is a problem new to this build.

I had to use windows 7 restore previous version. This is the first time during 3 alpha that I have had to roll back :)

Confirmed on vista.

bye

Some other things I've been noticing with the latest build in addition to the mess with the tabs:

1. The interface is noticeably more glitchy, think the main problem may be with the progress bars in the Status column as well as their colors. They just seem to jump around, the colors will sometimes be off (had a torrent with the blue 'uploading' arrow and blue progress bar while it was still at 85%, downloading at about 50 kB/s just now).

2. The Health column is a nice addition, but it would be nice if you could order your torrents by it as well, like you can with the other columns. Ordering it either ascending or descending just follows the secondary ordering method, which would appear to be the Name column.

3. My logging tab is still displaying a lot of "Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer". I've barely ever seen this error in years of using µTorrent and now my Logger tab is just filled with it all the time. What's going on?

I want to let you know that 25043 (and possibly some earlies builds as well) works very bad with Nod32 (antivirus). I have about 800 active torrents, only one tracker (local), time of updating info - 5 minutes.

In 24710 everything is OK. When uTorrents is starting, Nod32 checks all files from 800 torrents and then do nothing.

In 25043 everything is horrible. When uTorrents is starting, Nod32 checks all files from 800 torrents and then checks them again and again and again. I'm sure that it is not the Nod32 bug, but rather uTorrent bug.

Could you please comment on this?

Just let me know if you need any details or something. I can do some tests if it helps to find and fix the issue.

I want to let you know that 25043 (and possibly some earlies builds as well) works very bad with Nod32 (antivirus). I have about 800 active torrents, only one tracker (local), time of updating info - 5 minutes.

In 24710 everything is OK. When uTorrents is starting, Nod32 checks all files from 800 torrents and then do nothing.

In 25043 everything is horrible. When uTorrents is starting, Nod32 checks all files from 800 torrents and then checks them again and again and again. I'm sure that it is not the Nod32 bug, but rather uTorrent bug.

Could you please comment on this?

Just let me know if you need any details or something. I can do some tests if it helps to find and fix the issue.

Hi, Can you repeat your tests for 24710 & 25043 without Nod32 running? If there is still a large difference, it sounds like we'll need to look into it.

Thanks!

Hi, Can you repeat your tests for 24710 & 25043 without Nod32 running? If there is still a large difference, it sounds like we'll need to look into it.

Hi, sure, I can repeat. But I'm not sure what exactly should I check.

Anyway, here is my test:

1. Switch off "Real time checking" in Nod32.

2. Start resource monitor: Win+R -> resmon

3. Start uTorrent and wait until it finish to update tracker info for all torrents (so, I was waiting for uTorrents idle).

4. Make screenshot of resource monitor.

Steps 2-4 were repeated for 24710 and 25043

Screenshot 24710: https://picasaweb.google.com/112236888585061776703/BugsAndOthers#5583278272786374466

Screenshot 25043: https://picasaweb.google.com/112236888585061776703/BugsAndOthers#5583278667247923970

It's possible to zoom in/out.

Summary: you can see that at new version of uTorrent system process (id=4) uses all folders/files. That's why Nod32 has been checking them all the time. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Been using 2.2 for a long time, had no issues. Saw some of the new built-in web/mobile functionality in 3.0 and it piqued my interest. In retrospect, seems like a bad idea as now uTorrent seems to be constantly chewing CPU. (idling at ~30%)

Did a few snapshots of thread/stack dumps, not really sure what it's doing.. Here are some excerpts. It should be noted that:

- Running Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate

- AVG is running, have noticed an increase in hard memory faults since upgrading

- uTorrent has been running for 2 days straight without turning it off

Not sure if this is correlated but it seems to have been a catalyst as well for Windows 7 Search Indexer.. It's constantly running on my machine now. HD i/o utilization is roughly 7-15MB/s constantly as I think it's a combination of uTorrent and SearchIndexer.exe trying to constantly update the indexes.

Suggestions?

ntoskrnl.exe!SeAccessCheckWithHint+0xb4antoskrnl.exe!KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x7d2ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMutexObject+0x19fntoskrnl.exe!PsIsSystemProcess+0x94ntoskrnl.exe!KeStackAttachProcess+0x11c1ntoskrnl.exe!ObReferenceObjectByPointerWithTag+0x233ntoskrnl.exe!KiCheckForKernelApcDelivery+0x2fltmgr.sys!FltReleasePushLock+0x262fltmgr.sys!FltIsCallbackDataDirty+0x3d9fltmgr.sys+0x16c7AVGIDSFilter.Sys+0x5c8entoskrnl.exe!NtClose+0x16entoskrnl.exe!ObfDereferenceObject+0xd4ntoskrnl.exe!SeAssignSecurityEx+0x764ntoskrnl.exe!SeAssignSecurityEx+0x664ntoskrnl.exe!KeSynchronizeExecution+0x3a43ntdll.dll!NtClose+0xawow64.dll!Wow64EmulateAtlThunk+0x196dwow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x24wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1cewow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x429ntdll.dll!LdrGetProcedureAddress+0x240a7ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xentdll.dll!NtClose+0x12kernel32.dll!MoveFileWithProgressW+0x1bkernel32.dll!MoveFileW+0x16uTorrent.exe+0x2c2c1uTorrent.exe+0x2c417uTorrent.exe+0x275a7uTorrent.exe+0x26712uTorrent.exe+0x26857uTorrent.exe+0x268a0

second chunk

ntdll.dll!ZwSetInformationFile+0xawow64.dll!Wow64EmulateAtlThunk+0x7525wow64.dll!Wow64EmulateAtlThunk+0x7af1wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x24wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1cewow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x429ntdll.dll!LdrGetProcedureAddress+0x240a7ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xentdll.dll!NtSetInformationFile+0x12kernel32.dll!MoveFileWithProgressW+0x1bkernel32.dll!MoveFileW+0x16uTorrent.exe+0x2c3e3uTorrent.exe+0x2c417uTorrent.exe+0x275a7uTorrent.exe+0x26712uTorrent.exe+0x26857uTorrent.exe+0x268a0

Archived