µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry this is not a reply to post. I can not find a place to post. I was using torrent and Qwest turned my intermet off because they had complaints from Warner Bro and paramount that I tired to download movies. What do I do????? I can not get any movies now? Even OLD ones?T

I was reported by the BI||G movie producers and Qwest turned my internet OFF because of it. How many others had this happen and how do I get old movies NOW?

T

Just to ask a question with a more than likely obvious answer, how are you online now to ask your question and why don't you just use your new ISP to download your stuff?

-- 2011-04-13: Version 3.0 (build 25199)- Fix: Allow user to chow/hide "Has Header" column in files tab.- Fix: bugs in web remote cache and pairing apps- Change: Refactor visibility code.  Make utorrent and bittorrent visible  when launched, but mirror last state at startup.

For:

"- Fix: Allow user to chow/hide "Has Header" column in files tab."

Change "chow" to "show", and I was wondering what is that Column anyway? Since I dont' see a difference when I have it enabled/disabled.

New 3.0 up that hopefully fixes various bugs and fixes streaming.

Streaming seems to work now, but "Stream" button still acts weird:

1) sometimes you can't start streaming when you have half of the file downloaded,

2) sometimes it shows time equal to ETA time etc...

It seems uTorrent causes a problem in VLC, whenever uTorrent is open, the mouse cursor is not hidden automatically in full screen. See this thread for more details: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80735&start=40. This is very annoying. Also see this thread: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=94086

Could you please work with the VLC guys on a fix?

from one of the last 2 updates, it caused my xfer speeds (both dl & ul) to not update correctly any more.

they just stay at a particualr speed, and maybe once every min it might change. the speed graph does the same thing... the graph looks, i dunno, digital? moving in solid steps, not analog like before. u can tell its not right. checked settings and i couldnt find anything new. so i switched to x64 ver. and that just crashes after about 2 mins of DLing.... so i dunno. back to v2 i guess...

streamhn.jpg

LOL! THE GHOST OF STREAM BUTTON PAST!

This happened when I removed the 'Playback' column from the main view, as streaming hasn't ever worked for me.

All stream buttons disappeared with the column; however, they left one behind! The left-behind button would scroll up and down with the page (always in the third position, no matter which torrent was displayed in this position.) uTorrent crashed when I clicked on the 'ghost stream' button.

Another issue is the new web management feature does not work when behind my proxy, but as a programmer myself I can see many reasons why it will not work in my situation.

(EDIT: You'll have to click the image to see the issue I am speaking of)

-- 2011-04-13: Version 3.0 (build 25199)

For:

"- Fix: Allow user to chow/hide "Has Header" column in files tab."

Change "chow" to "show", and I was wondering what is that Column anyway? Since I dont' see a difference when I have it enabled/disabled.

That column is true if the file is streamable and we have the video/audio header.

utorrent can't (yet) parse all audio/video file metadata.

from one of the last 2 updates, it caused my xfer speeds (both dl & ul) to not update correctly any more.

they just stay at a particualr speed, and maybe once every min it might change. the speed graph does the same thing... the graph looks, i dunno, digital? moving in solid steps, not analog like before. u can tell its not right. checked settings and i couldnt find anything new. so i switched to x64 ver. and that just crashes after about 2 mins of DLing.... so i dunno. back to v2 i guess...

Is your CPU usage very high when this happens? Is there a lot of disk I/O?

Also, please take a look at gui.update_rate in the advanced settings. The default is 1000 (milliseconds).

Try setting it lower, and see if that changes the behaviour.

P.S. About the 64-bit build: We haven't had a lot of time to work on 64-bit porting bugs yet, so consider it pre-alpha.

"Experimental" would be a better label.

Archived