µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm the memory usage bug MaxInWeb described a few posts back. Just looking at the CPU Meter gadget in Windows 7 with only µTorrent running, you can see the memory (RAM) usage rising slowly to abnormally high levels. Task Manager confirms this. Then, upon exiting µTorrent, it falls back down to normal almost immediately.

I can confirm the memory usage bug MaxInWeb described a few posts back. Just looking at the CPU Meter gadget in Windows 7 with only µTorrent running, you can see the memory (RAM) usage rising slowly to abnormally high levels. Task Manager confirms this. Then, upon exiting µTorrent, it falls back down to normal almost immediately.

It's the god damn Windows system cache.

not just a few, i directly getting about 3-4 crashes right after it auto update, and every time i restart pc, same getting about 3-4 crashes. but everything work fine though after that, if only i dont restart pc again.

noticable slower DL speed compare to build 18683.

using the new utp header, when i play online games, it directly drop to below 10kB/s and after finish playing, it take a very long time to raise to about 20kB/s while my connection speed is 512kbps. while it used to near max speed even though i playing.

Just updated to the newest version (build 18790) and now i can't even open it :S It just crashes on program launching...

I sent the crash dump

where can I get the previous build? I really need it :S

EDIT: duh! since it's not already here then i just need to download this one XD

Could you do me a favor?

Download 18803 again, make a shortcut to it, and add /BIGDUMP as a parameter to it. Start it through the shortcut, then wait for it to crash. Do NOT submit the dump, as it will fail (it's a big file).

Compress the dump it creates, upload it to www.mediafire.com, then email me the link. firon at utorrent.com

This will help us track down the bug. Thanks! Once you have the dump, you can roll back to 18750.

ok... I'll do it right now :)

EDIT:

this just got weirder :S

Now if I try to run it without the /BIGDUMP it just shows this message:

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/erroruv.png/

If I click OK this just keeps showing and I have to kill the process to stop it.

Then if I use the /BIGDUMP argument then it just shows this:

http://img517.imageshack.us/i/error2p.png/

This time if I click OK it won't appear again and utorrent process is ended as expected.

BTW, I have win 7 x64...

EDIT2: Just rebooted and now it managed to create the big dump... going to upload it now

EDIT3: mail sent ;)

Yep, crashes on startup here too - and was unable to generate a crash dump. Oddly, the version it automatically downloaded was telling me that it was unable to allocate memory. The version I just manually downloaded from this topic simply crashes. Tested on Windows 7 x64 (with plenty of available memory, incidentally).

Edit: read back a bit more, and I see you're on top of it already. Hope you can push out a fix soon.

Archived