µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

Magnet links don't appear to be opening the "New torrent added" box where you can select destination of torrent and trackers of torrent. The main reason this is a problem is I'd like to use the magnet system without using trackers, but they are currently auto added and connected to (if the torrent has embedded trackers which most do), meaning I have to erase them after they are queried, which is what I want to avoid doing.

Well if it's not a bug, a magnet preferences GUI would be nice.

Hmm, actually the same goes for the RSS feed, no "New torrent added" box that you'd get when manually adding a torrent via Add.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out:

df91qb.png

I was running µTorrent in the background when I opened up GSpot on a media file. Then, I noticed something very strange. The first peer in the list turned blue as you can see in the screenshot above. When I closed GSpot, it returned to normal color. I tried reproducing this and it only seems to be happening to this one peer.

I've also seen some peers in the Peers tab list colored blue, but only when a torrent is starting. After the torrent runs for a few seconds blue colored peers change to black and seem to remain so.

I also have the previously posted problem where files in finished torrent directories get ".!ut" appended to their names whenever I start µTorrent version 2.1 despite the fact that the files all remain marked 100% complete on the µTorrent Files tab. This only seems to happen when a multiple file torrent contains at least one video file. Re-checking the torrent will remove the unnecessary ".!ut" appendages but also clears the torrent's "Completed On" date! Momentarily starting the affected torrent(s) removes ".!ut" from file names without disturbing "Completed On" so that is what I am doing.

Another oddity is if I add a torrent that I had previously downloaded and removed from my Finished list then re-check it, the Done percentage indicator always stops at around 99.5%. I have to re-check a second time for the torrent to be indicated as 100% Done.

I am running Win7 x64 and have made sure that the directory in which my finished torrent files are stored (on partition D) is not being indexed.

Utorrent refuses to work properly on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine.

I've updated/downgraded to the last 3 versions and i get the same results.

Now with 18888 the program stays open,

But whenever it stops working it will display Disk overloaded 100% and all my downloads slow to a crawl.

At this point closing the program normally doesn't work,

I have to close uTorrent through the task manager to get it to not pop up with the "already running" message.

I saw someone posted how to override the cache options in preferences, which did nothing.

What is going on guys?

utorrentb.png

peers that you download 'critical' pieces while streaming turn blue. It is indeed a feature.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Now, is it only "while streaming" or just if there is a streamable file present? Because when I saw this I wasn't streaming anything.

P.S. The GSpot thing was a coincidence.

Only while you are streaming, or at least using the streaming feature. Whether it's really 'streaming' to an app is another matter. :P

It shouldn't show up in other conditions, but maybe it does (probably not intentionally).

Well I never use streaming because I prefer rar's with sfv's :)

The easiest way for me to reproduce this blue peer thing is by downloading only the sample file in the torrent since that file is usually streamable. But I have never actually used the streaming option.

29n8bbc.png

Magnet links don't appear to be opening the "New torrent added" box where you can select destination of torrent and trackers of torrent. The main reason this is a problem is I'd like to use the magnet system without using trackers, but they are currently auto added and connected to (if the torrent has embedded trackers which most do), meaning I have to erase them after they are queried, which is what I want to avoid doing.

Well if it's not a bug, a magnet preferences GUI would be nice.

Hmm, actually the same goes for the RSS feed, no "New torrent added" box that you'd get when manually adding a torrent via Add.

No input? Also, the changelog seems to miss out on what the benefit of changing the uTP size to 600bytes is. Has it been increased/decreased and for what reason/what good?

It reduces the initial overhead of uTP by starting with a larger packet s ize by default.

And the reason we don't show the dialog with magnet links is just because it'd be weird to show an empty add torrent dialog. Sometimes we don't even have a name with the magnet link.

Version 18936 crashes if "Resolve IPs" is selected in Peers tab despite fresh Settings.dat, no Flags.bmp or Flags.conf:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/azylzzemmkj/18936-utorrent.8090.dmp

Plus a false "Drop files to share" tab appears on top of the "General" tab when µTorrent starts but disappears as soon as another vailid tab is selected.

I'm running Win7 x64

got a bug with latest alpha, the colum settings are not saved when i exit utorrent

Hmm... Works fine here. I did start with a fresh settings.dat at the first 2.1 alpha release though.

Version 18936 crashes if "Resolve IPs" is selected in Peers tab despite fresh Settings.dat, no Flags.bmp or Flags.conf:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/azylzzemmkj/18936-utorrent.8090.dmp

Plus a false "Drop files to share" tab appears on top of the "General" tab when µTorrent starts but disappears as soon as another vailid tab is selected.

I'm running Win7 x64

ditto

P.S. Very minor bug:

2z6xgr7.png

Archived