µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - no new builds showed up last night or today - any ETA on when the new build will be pushed out please?

Thanks!

If it's not out, it's because something went wrong and the build intended for release was no good. ;)

Firon, i think, to avoid situations like that, you may say "this should be fixed in next build, it arrives in this week". Anyway, sooner or later you will have to introduce something like "blizzard time".

Might be a bug in the display of priorities and download status with partially downloaded torrents. The "Don't Download" option changes the displayed priority to 'skip', but the status of the torrent as a whole is set to 'Downloading' despite there being no unfinished files requested in the torrent. The background for the pieces tracker in the files tab also turns white instead of staying red like before, and the completion meter displays at less than 100%.

The files I have not requested do not seem to download, but the torrent this is occurring on with me is relatively quiet, so I am unsure if the 'Downloading' status is incorrect or if my client is simply not receiving any pieces. The torrent also does not seem to be uploading, but I would hazard a guess that that is also because the torrent is quiet.

Hi - Thanks Firon for New build.

(build 21340) WinXP SP3 X86.

Confirmed that the item(#919 freezes in the GUI ) has been resolved out. :D

It seems that every problem a new. :|

#935 CaptainHairy is probably the same phenomenon.

1:Download the pre-existing ones, become incomplete.

m330a.png

Features, and some include file skip if things are specified.

However, all the "include file skip" is not an object.

2:They are denied access to almost all trackers.

m230a.png

Additional,

3:Some of these effects, UP speed is slow (not good use of bandwidth.)

m130a.png

For reference, I tried to Version 2.2 Beta (build 21290) for the three items above in a similar survey.

1a:Successful completion status.

m322a.png

2a:It seems that normally communicates with the tracker.

m222a.png

3a:Uses the full bandwidth.

m122a.png

Is over, thank you for ALL. ;)

Finally this build 21340 finally has my constant high 15%+ CPU usage sorted out at last.

Now it hovers around 3% or so rarely spiking above 6%. On stopping all torrents its at around 1-2%

Its still not as 2.0.3 (using build 20683) which rarely touches 1 % even when all torrents are loaded. So i'll stick with it for mains.

But whatever you guys did, thank you and please continue doing the good stuff.

Might be a bug in the display of priorities and download status with partially downloaded torrents. The "Don't Download" option changes the displayed priority to 'skip', but the status of the torrent as a whole is set to 'Downloading' despite there being no unfinished files requested in the torrent. The background for the pieces tracker in the files tab also turns white instead of staying red like before, and the completion meter displays at less than 100%.

The files I have not requested do not seem to download, but the torrent this is occurring on with me is relatively quiet, so I am unsure if the 'Downloading' status is incorrect or if my client is simply not receiving any pieces. The torrent also does not seem to be uploading, but I would hazard a guess that that is also because the torrent is quiet.

We're taking a look at this.

Found a bug with the SSL-tracker handling in latest build (21340). It seems like it's sending the announce-string as SNI (Server Name Extension to TLSv1) instead of the real server_name which results in "Connection closed by peer" by webservers like nginx (probably others too). Works fine in 2.0.3.

Here's an image from Wireshark (Packet capturing tool)

6QzuF.png had to mask some secret info, but I think u get the message.

"As stated in RFC 1035/RFC 1123/RFC 2181, the full domain name may not exceed a total length of 253 characters"

Found a bug with the SSL-tracker handling in latest build (21340). It seems like it's sending the announce-string as SNI (Server Name Extension to TLSv1) instead of the real server_name which results in "Connection closed by peer" by webservers like nginx (probably others too). Works fine in 2.0.3.

Here's an image from Wireshark (Packet capturing tool)

http://imgur.com/6QzuF.png had to mask some secret info, but I think u get the message.

"As stated in RFC 1035/RFC 1123/RFC 2181, the full domain name may not exceed a total length of 253 characters"

Thanks for the report! We'll fix it asap.

3.0 uses our own HTTPS code, whereas 2.0.3 uses Wininet to do it.

There appears to be an issue with completed torrents that are larger than around 700+MB. Randomly when uT is opened, it will rename the stopped-but-completed data of the large torrents back to .!ut and the only way (except manually renaming the file extension) to get them back to normal is to start seeding ("click play") them.
Still an issue in the latest builds.

2 months, should I assume you're not going to bother fixing it then?

Might be a bug in the display of priorities and download status with partially downloaded torrents. The "Don't Download" option changes the displayed priority to 'skip'' date=' but the status of the torrent as a whole is set to 'Downloading' despite there being no unfinished files requested in the torrent. The background for the pieces tracker in the files tab also turns white instead of staying red like before, and the completion meter displays at less than 100%.

The files I have not requested do not seem to download, but the torrent this is occurring on with me is relatively quiet, so I am unsure if the 'Downloading' status is incorrect or if my client is simply not receiving any pieces. The torrent also does not seem to be uploading, but I would hazard a guess that that is also because the torrent is quiet.[/quote']

We're taking a look at this.

I can confirm this bug too.

b21340:

Still experiencing the issue with Set Download Location where if "Append the Torrent's Label" is enabled, the label is appended to the directory set using "Set Download Location" as well.

This means that if I have a file in "D:\Torrents\", and it's labelled "Downloads" (which I, of course, set after it finished, otherwise it would already in the right place)

Using Set Download Location to move the file to D:\Torrents\Downloads\ actually moves the files to D:\Torrents\Downloads\Downloads\

This is of course even more messed up if you use multi-level labels, like I do. (e.g. labels like "Downloads\Home", "Downloads\Work", "Foo\Bar\Baz" ... )

This turns into things like

D:\Torrents\Foo\Bar\Baz\Foo\Bar\Baz\[file]

Hmm, the behavior is supposed to be that it should only move upon completion once and that's it. Setting a label after the fact should have no effect.

Right - I'm not talking about move upon completion. Using "Set Download Location" (i.e. Right click, Advanced, Set Download Location...) which just started moving files when used (a long requested feature) is doing this.

What I'm saying is that when the file was downloading I either forgot, or didn't have enough time, to set the label - so, the file ended up in my root torrents directory. (i.e. D:\Torrents\)

I set the label now that it's finished so I can keep track of it, and then I use Set Download Location to move the files into the proper location (e.g. D:\Torrents\Label\)

The Set Download Location functionality is appending the label to whatever directory I select. So, if I move a file from D:\Torrents\ to D:\Torrents\Label\, and the file's label is "Label", then the file *actually* gets moved to D:\Torrents\Label\Label\

Make sense now? It's a little confusing to explain, much easier to see happening.

Archived