Jump to content

µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207


Firon

Recommended Posts

µTorrent 3.0 alpha 21433 (and 21340 too, at least) crashes if I try to do the following:

<right click> -> advanced -> set download location -> select location on a drive for a torrent that:

a) consists of one file (tested on video torrents ranging from 300MB to ~4GB in file size)

B)UPD on condition: doesn't matter if there is sufficient free space on drive or not - crashes anyway

c) is already in the list of torrents

All conditions should be present at the same time.

µTorrent crashes with "µTorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump."

µTorrent 2.2 beta 21409 does the aforementioned without errors, warnings or crashes.

P.S. WinXP Home SP3, 1.5GB RAM. Acer Aspire One 110bw

http://bit.ly/dpmsNh - text file saved from Process Explorer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again this current build 21433 giving that constant 15%+ CPU load.

build 21340 had that fixed at around 2 %.

Don't know what happened in this build.

As i have mentioned before my specs being, Win 7 64 bit, 4 gb ram, using same settings file in uT directory, even when all 50 torrents stopped no resolution.

This is alpha so i am not that worried, just that last build seemed to have had corrected this to a great degree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again this current build 21433 giving that constant 15%+ CPU load.

build 21340 had that fixed at around 2 %.

Don't know what happened in this build.

As i have mentioned before my specs being, Win 7 64 bit, 4 gb ram, using same settings file in uT directory, even when all 50 torrents stopped no resolution.

This is alpha so i am not that worried, just that last build seemed to have had corrected this to a great degree.

same here it realy made my pc very slow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is 3.0 finally going to give us tracker-based bandwidth rules (priority and caps)? I'd like to distribute upload fairly so that all of my torrents get to 1.0 or above.

Private trackers need to have higher priorities and caps so that when someone actually spends some ratio on a torrent you have, you can give them all of the bandwidth you have available to get your ratio to 1.0+ on that torrent.

Public trackers can be left on trickle to achieve a 1.0+ ratio. If I don't bandwidth limit those guys, they eat up all of my upstream all the time.

It's a pain to have to set these limits on each and every torrent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it tries to stream it. LOL

And, the numbers corresponding to the words e.g. low, normal, high are a little weird:

1 = low

2 = doesn't work (tries to stream file)

3 = low

4 = low

5 = normal

6 = normal

7 = normal

8 = normal

9 = high

10 = high

11 = high

12 = high

13 = high

14 = high

15 = high

I think it should be more evenly distributed e.g. 1-5 = low, 6-10 = normal, 11-15 = high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest build of utorrent is showing almost 1500MB of RAM in the Private and working set. I had it set to cache up to 200MB and have Windows reading and write caching disabled. Even when I went in and disabled all caching it still showed that much being used. It did successfully shut down and I disabled caching before closing so it should have all caching off when I open it back up but didn't want to try and do a memory dump of over 1400MB. If it does it again with caching off I will update this post or repost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it tries to stream it. LOL

And, the numbers corresponding to the words e.g. low, normal, high are a little weird:

1 = low

2 = doesn't work (tries to stream file)

3 = low

4 = low

5 = normal

6 = normal

7 = normal

8 = normal

9 = high

10 = high

11 = high

12 = high

13 = high

14 = high

15 = high

I think it should be more evenly distributed e.g. 1-5 = low, 6-10 = normal, 11-15 = high

Okay, the streaming bug will be fixed in the next 3.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed it appears the selecting of labels still does not work as it's supposed to, with both 2.2 and 3.0 current versions.

Edit: Another thing I noticed, which does not seem to happen with the stable release. I get major disk overload activity. Almost always 100%. I did try and set the size to 256MB and 512MB, but that makes uTorrent freeze up and have to kill the process, but if I use the stable build, I can have it as defaulted to 128MB, with no problems, at all. Any ideas about this? When I set it to 512MB, the usage went upwards towards 1.3GB of RAM being used, which caused me to be around 25-30% of my 8GB used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please don't forget about the SSL tracker bug. That's the fix I'm looking forward to the most.

I would have reported this one myself a long time ago, but I only saw this happen on one https tracker (others were working fine) so I figured it was the tracker causing this problem. I never bothered to try a different version.

Thankfully a574 found the cause.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...