Migrating Your Files to µTorrent

Jinto

I'm a previous Vuze user and have since switched over to uTorrent. As the title of this thread states, my concern is migrating files from previous downloads (via Vuze) over to uTorrent for seeding purposes. I followed the instructions under Documentation>Migrating Your Files to µTorrent>Loading multiple torrents stored in a single folder. Yesterday I was successfully able to migrate my files over for seeding, however the next morning (today) when I booted up my PC and ran uTorrent I noticed that my previous files which were migrated over from Vuze seem to not be seeding anymore. The torrents on the list simply state, "Error: Can't open .torrent file..................

Why is this so? If it was working yesterday (seeding) then why does it suddenly not seed anymore?

P.S. I am aware of the 8/max default simultaneous upload limit and I don't believe this has anything to do with the problem.

Thank you, Jinto

When you say "torrents" are you referring to ".torrent" referring to the reference file or the content you will ultimately be using/viewing/listening to?

Sorry if my response is worded strangely as I am simply trying to interpret what you are asking me based on what this says:

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlike traditional file sharing programs, the BitTorrent protocol uses a reference file known as the torrent (whatever_the_subject.torrent). The torrent is what you originally download from the indexing site. The torrent is separate from the content you will ultimately be using/viewing/listening to. From here on, "files" will refer to the content while ".torrent" refers to the reference file.

I had three torrent files previously downloaded via Vuze each with it's own separate files. These files were located by default in a folder titled "Azureus Downloads" but I wanted to move them to another new folder I created for organizational purposes. When in uTorrent under the completed section I select the torrent I want to seed by right clicking and selecting, "Advanced>Set Download Location...". When I locate the file in the folder I moved it to and select "OK" then "Start" it does nothing. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the importance of the .torrent reference file?

Archived