Version 0.9.3.11 beta (build 19773)

Firon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's been there forever, but I just noticed when I right-click in the list of peers there's an option to reload the IPFilter. Did some digging and can't find the IPFilter.dat file inside the uTorrent package, and according to the message log it loads but with zero entries.

Googled as much as I could for info on IPFilter with the Mac client but came up empty. Any idea how to make this work, or is this just a placeholder for future development?

I'm running uTorrent 0.9.3 on a 13" MBP with SL 10.6.2 and with the last 2 builds I get very very slow Force re-checks on my torrents. I downgraded to build 17898 and the force recheck now works fine... I'm not sure if the torrent/file size matters, but the torrent that I noticed has this problem is 6GB iso file... + 2-3 pics in the torrent.

P.S with the latest build I had like 0.1% recheck per 5-10 seconds, while with build 17898 I get 0.5% per second on the 6GB torrent...

I'm running uTorrent 0.9.3 on a 13" MBP with SL 10.6.2 and with the last 2 builds I get very very slow Force re-checks on my torrents. I downgraded to build 17898 and the force recheck now works fine... I'm not sure if the torrent/file size matters, but the torrent that I noticed has this problem is 6GB iso file... + 2-3 pics in the torrent.

P.S with the latest build I had like 0.1% recheck per 5-10 seconds, while with build 17898 I get 0.5% per second on the 6GB torrent...

Are you doing anything else that is CPU or HDD-heavy? If so, µT may be throttling itself on purpose, to prevent everything else from slowing down. I'm not sure if this change made it into the new build or not though.

Are you doing anything else that is CPU or HDD-heavy? If so, µT may be throttling itself on purpose, to prevent everything else from slowing down. I'm not sure if this change made it into the new build or not though.

Nothing out of the ordinary: Firefox, Finder, uTorrent, maybe Skype, Word, Preview iTunes... Pretty much the basics.

The recheck was necessary because I started the download in Mac OS, finished the download under Windows in BootCamp with uTorrent 2.0, and then rechecked in Mac OS... Maybe there was some corruption or something...

At first I downloaded the beta version of utorrent, but it was having problems quitting (would not quit unless I closed the window then hit the Quit button 2-3 times, sometimes I would have to do top->kill id). I downloaded the alpha version and have been pleasantly surprised. The torrent info bar at the bottom is a huge improvement and I haven't had any problems quitting either.

Basic feedback (might have been mentioned already, I didn't read all six pages of comments)

- More complicated label support ( best example is transmission for label/groups that I can think of )

- Add function to move files to a different folder or find the files new directory ( ex: I'm on OSX more often so I usually download windows apps in OSX, but once they are done I move the files over to my windows partition. Once the dl is finished, I can't continue seeding unless I keep an extra copy in my downloads folder)

Other than that, uTorrent is still my favorite bt client and I hope it only gets better!

I noticed such a thing, makes it possible for end-of-domain delegation torrents.ru, had

change the address announcement servers in the client!

So began to change, and look in my address announcement server uTorrent is written

http://bt4.torrents.ru/ann?uk =***********&

everywhere to my passkeyu ********** icon is added "&", tried to clean it up and

write about how to instructions

http://bt4.rutracker.org/ann?uk =************

but without the icon is not nothing is heard, all the red arrows!

Who knows why it is added?

I noticed a mistake, when you open properties in torrent, a window opens

properties of the previous fixes torrent, helps, just reboot

uTorrent!

20100219-p6gb6m86jqatwx4q9kuyc9xymg.jpg

Sorry for bad English!

Thank you!

Version 0.9.3 alpha (build 18181)

These improvements look outstanding. Finally we're getting the features we've needed for so long. Is 0.9.3 nearing a beta release soon? As you may or may not have heard, several large, popular private trackers (no names, for obvious reasons) have banned Azureus and us in the Mac OS X camp are in desperate need for a good client, and Transmission doesn't do the job. I would love to use µTorrent, but the 0.9.2 release doesn't even support labeling and I have to change the default download location any time I want to import a torrent into it so it doesn't get downloaded twice. I know you have your time tables for development, but many of us have been left skin to the wind here and don't want to have to switch twice. Thanks.

Have not been running it long, but seems very stable. Not had any problems. Would like to be able to save to different locations and choose what files I want to download when I open the torrent file.

Ok have noticed something strange, not sure if the problem is my end. I am downloading 3 torrent and when I look at the bit where is says download speed, I notice that on one of the torrents it flickers. Never had that with other software.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived