Version 0.9.3.11 beta (build 19773)

Firon

Well, it is an alpha - you can't expect that much from an app in such an early stage. I'm sure the developers listen to the (constructive) critique people post, and that it will result in a way better app than Transmission.

I've had OS X for a year now, and I never could bear Transmission for more than a month.

What I think you possibly could ask for though, is a little faster development - there is a huge mass of torrentusers who are not satisfied with transmission, and getting a stable uTorrent for Mac out there as soon as possible would connect many of those people to uTorrent!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, thing is none of the trackers that are serious accept a Alpha nor Beta client for that matter, actually they don't even allow it.

I myself could not care LESS about the interface, that can be developed along the way. All I care about is the relevant part, at the end of the day none of the gibberish about icons here and there or spaces between columns matter at all. So in my honest opinion the development team should put there time and energy on releasing one version that is stable, the rest can be changed and improved with time.

Just like the WIN version, it just worked without hassle then there was changes and those improved the application.

The Windows version DID also have a great UI to start with (and remains pretty much the same) however.. so I think they're just trying to follow the same pattern here, only difference is you're allowed to test the Alphas and Betas whereas before it was just Ludde and vurlix conspiring together on IRC while they worked out the UI kinks.

CPU usage is good, looks stable. But I still wish it would remember my preferences. Doesn't anyone else download to a separate drive? It always defaults to the 'downloads' folder on my main drive. I have to change the setting each time I open it.

G5 with 10.5.8

Valid point Aypeus, and with that I agree! Getting a stable version out there ought to be the main issue when developing the client, and as I said before, I think many many mac-users would change to uTorrent once the stable version is attainable.

A wonderful addition would be the ability to change default double click action to "Show in finder". I do this alot in the Windows version.

One thing that bugs me is that when I choose "Delete all files", uTorrent leaves behind a file that ends with ".imported". Shouldn't this be deleted with the other stuff?

(If it helps to know, I autoload torrent files found on the Desktop. I've also tried to change the autoload location to Downloads with no success.)

Thanks for an otherwise awesome Mac version of uTorrent!

Now I've upgraded to Snow Leopard and uTorrent 0.9.3 (latest build) works perfectly. One problem though... in the General tab, the scroll bar goes too down until I get a white space; and if i get my cursor in that white space and try to scroll back up, it won't work unless I get it in the text zone.

NOTE: I'm using the scroll wheel, not the scroll bar itself; but it still has the same problem in any case.

Might be a bug.

This is my first time using uTorrent and it generally was fine. I have been using Vuze for about a year. Currently have a MacBook Pro, Intel Dual Core 4MB ram. I also run Wondershare Video Converter for mac (v1.1.0.37) to convert avi files to mp4 to view via Apple TV. When I installed uTorrent, the video converter stopped working. It finally started working when I removed uTorrent. There seems to be an inherent conflict between the 2 apps.

Happy to see a Mac version in development. Thank you. I would need to see two features, already present in the Win version, before I could switch from Transmission to uTorrent on the Mac platform:

1) The ability to specify the download directory for each torrent, overriding the default; and

2) The ability to select less than all the files in the torrent for download.

I like these features in the Win version. It would be nice to see them in the Mac version, too. If they can be turned on in the Mac version, it is not clear how.

Sorry for posting this in announcements; it obviously belongs elsewhere.

First of all, I want to thank developers for their work. Thank you!

Now about remarks.

1. The interface of the previous version was more similar to the interface of the Mac-application. I think, that it is better to return it.

2. In the program speeds of download / upload are incorrectly displayed. Instead of 15 kB/s it is written 1,5 kB/s.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Working real nice so far. The UI fixes are definitely an improvement. I can finally make out the pieces bar. ;-)

One query though, I noticed some references to the webUI in the changes list. Does this mean we shall be seeing the first implementation of the webUI within the next couple of build releases?

Dear developer, would you add dialog window that asking there to save downloaded files?

It'll be really good feature. And would you add function "click to name of downloaded file - and a folder with this file will open (in finder) ?"

sorry for bad english.

Archived