Ports never open :(

adamdavidson`

Hey, I've been having alot of trouble opening ports. No matter what I do, when I go to the uTorrent port checker and it's always "Port -insert port here- does not appear to be open."

I've tried multiple ports, and now I have stopped on 57000. I went into the settings on my modem, turned off the firewall and turned on DMZ, just to be sure. Then on my router, I have my port forwarded to my pc.

Right now, I have DMZ on Modem, and Router, and windows firewall off and port not open.

My modem is a Motorola Netopia 2210-02

My router is a Linksys WRT54G2

Any suggestions? I hope I'm just missing something stupid, I hate troubleshooting networks lol

The DMZ has the IP of my computer in it, as that is the computer I want to put in the DMZ.

I have my computer hooked up to the modem without the router and it says the port is open, which is nice for a change, getting full download speeds. But I need to use a router. For some reason now, my linksys router isn't working anymore... I even reset it to factory settings and it doesn't pass through internet.

Well, if you're working from behind the router as your first post suggests, then you need to do this in a chain. Go to the Linksys status page, take the Internet IP Address it lists for itself there, and put that in the modem so it knows to send all data to your router, which should then forward your port to you.

So I'm using my Dlink WBR-1310 Router now because my linksys apparently crapped out for no reason and I can't seem to get it working. My PC is 192.168.0.101. I enabled DMZ and put this IP into the dmz ip spot, and the port says it's closed. What I'm going for is the effect that my computer isn't behind a router at all, but it seems like no matter what I do, the routers cause the port to appear closed.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I'm having a rough network day... Apparently running the Linksys disc makes the router work.

Okay, so same thing as above, only with a linksys wrt54g2 instead of the dlink.

Archived