µTorrent 1.8.5 released

Firon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this update change the way RSS feeds are displayed? In 1.8.4 I was able to click the name of an RSS feed and view every entry in the feed weather It was set to download automatically or not, and view deleted torrents as "previously downloaded". This doesn't seem to be the case in 1.8.5. Was this changed?

I've got this small problem:

I seed a lot of things for long time. When I decide to download a torrent, earlier versions started to download immediately after I put them in that empty download query. Newer versions of mutorrent wait a few minutes before starting to download, although peers count already shown in column and tracker have been contacted.

I have a few questions.

I've been using BitTorrent but in reading it sounds as if I should be using uTorrent. What's your suggestion? What are the advantages of uTorrent vs BitTorrent?

If I should be using uTorrent, how can I save the few files I still want to access that are on BitTorrent?

And, I understand no questions about how to access torrents already downloaded. Can you tell me where to go for help with these torrent files?

Thanks so much. Happy holidays to all!

I just received a trojan horse warning from my AV

TR/Ag.289584.AA [trojan] detected on my installed utorrent.exe

I went to redownload utorrent 1.8.5 on this website and it seems that it has the same trojan attached to it.

Now I tried downloading it and it seems the file is offline.

Am i the only one getting this?

I always get the same warning about uTorrent when i download the installer using firefox itself, but it seem like it only happen when i download the installer using firefox build in download sometime only.

using download manager will not happen such cases, it is seem like firefox had problems download file from here.

edit: i am also using Avira, i know that it is false alarm, but why incomplete download will resulting antivirus detect it as malware or trojan?

• 4 weeks later...

Been merrily using 1.8.5 for a few weeks now but noticed yesterday that the stats section at the bottom - blue (pieces) progress bars, peers, trackers, seeds, hashfails etc. - had suddenly disappeared. I've scoured the forums but can't find mention of this anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what might be up?

Been using u-torrent for 3 years - it asked me if I wanted update - said yes.

went through all the steps and when I click "install" nothing happens.

I now can not get into u-torrent at all.....help! Husband is going to kill me for mucking up the settings!

:)

Archived