link transfer cap to speed scheduler?

Tomtom25

running the 2.0 beta, and i can see the transfer cap being a relly useful feature (i'm always going over my cap)

but many people (myself included) have an and off peak download caps. i get 10GB on, and 15GB off. because of this, if i need to download anything, i do it off peak, and then upload off peak (my isp supposedly doesn't count uploads, but i think they do), and i use the scheduler to do this

so if i could have the option to stop transfers during on peak times if i exceed say ... 10GB, and stop transfers on peak if i exceed 7.5GB, it'd be handy.

also, for some reason version 1.8.3 and 1.8.4 would mysteriously start using up masses of cpu (the service was p2pimsvc) so i tried Vuze for a while. while it was pretty big, i was mostly un-impressed (it's not bad, it get's the job done) i really really really liked the options it had for seeding. as i'm assuming you know about the vuze seeding options. this would be a valuable feature for those of us who want to help put, but have limited bandwidth (i'm on a 1500/256 line ...). if i have two torrents seeding, one with 1000 seeds, and another with only 3, i know which i'd rather be seeding.

what i was getting at was having on and off peak caps, which the user can define. if it were linked to the scheduler. i've got a little bit of programming experience, and technically most of the things needed should be there already. there's how much you download from the statistics, and the times from the scheduler. even if you had to set a cap for each "block" of time in the scheduler (for example, monday 4:00-5:00 to monday 8:00-9:00, or even just monday 8:00-9:00 on it's own) that'd be more useable than not having anything similar.

I registered to post here about the same request (I think). I limit my download and upload speeds during the day with the scheduler so I can (and others in my house) use the internet a bit better. I know QoS and UTP are good to help with this but you're either downloading or not and there IS a difference between using all of your bandwidth vs using none. Anyway, I limit speeds during the day and let them go full blast during the day. However after the introduction of the Transfer Cap (which is great BTW), after I reach my set cap, it pauses all active downloads/uploads (excluding forced ones) which is ok but it seems to overwrite the scheduler as my forced downloads/uploads are active and using unlimited bandwidth. The Transfer Cap rules need to be inside the Scheduler rules, or at least have an option for that. I hope this explains my (and the op's) situation a bit better.

Thanks for all the great updates!

Archived