How accurate is the peers list?

EvilJames

I was just wondering how accurate the list of peers is? I noticed that I have many peers on the list that I am not downloading from or uploading too.

Is there a way to removed that peer?

Is that peer a seed as well?

I ask this cause I see some that are 100% completed but are not dl or uploading...

Is there a way to get Utorrent to flush these inactive connections automatically?

I don't believe I am trying to micromanage anything...instead I am trying to figure out why things are moving so slowly. I have asked for help with this, shown examples of this, shown what I have tried to do to resolve this, and instead just get my post deleted..

If you read the questions I asked again and answer them that would be helpful...

I am not trying to force something to upload to me, but if I was the same 8 or 9 ips sit there for the entire dl process and not a one of them ever gives connection to me that seems to me that ip is wasting space and that space could be better used by an ip that will up something.

So again I ask for help again...lets see if the help is there.

You're probably dealing with swarms that are smaller than your peer connection limits if specific peers are hanging around for prolonged periods, since uTorrent, by default, will cycle off idle connections.

I don't believe I am trying to micromanage anything.

You say this in one post, then you say

Is there a way to removed that peer?

in a different post.

You ARE trying to micromanage even if you think you aren't.

If you have hit your maximum connection limit for the torrent, then µTorrent will automatically drop idle peers after a set amount of time. If your connection limit for the torrent hasn't been hit... well, there isn't really any reason to disconnect from idle peers, as idle peers can become active.

Archived