What D/L speed should i be getting?

oneilnufc

Hi im new to torrent downloading and was wondering what speed i should be getting. I have done various tutorials on how to make the speed faster but im current stuck at around 8 kB/s. I done a speed test as requested and the highest download result i got was 4.61 Mbps and the lowest was 1.5 Mbps so as requested i took the average of this and selected my settings based on 3Mbps.

My highest upload speed was 372.6 kbps and lowest was 310.8 kbps so again based my settings on the average so i went with 330 kbps. The highest speed i have acheived whilst downloading was 71 kB/s and now im stuckat no more than 10 kB/s. Im currently downloading a 206 MB torrent with 51 (3965) seeds and 4 (2975) peers. Its really annoying because when i do change some settings it does go a bit higher (around 26 kB/s) but as soon as i restart my computer it goes back to the slow speeds although the settings dont appear to have changed.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! =)

Hi i tried that and it went slower, i forwarded my port using the guide on PortForward.com but when i log off my comp and back on it says my port is not forwarded? if there is any technical info you's guys need to sort my problem tell me what and where to find it and i will post.. thanks very much again :)

hi firstly sorry for my lack of intelligence. :)

My modem is a bthomehub2 and my wireless adapter is a netgear wg111v3.

I did what portforward told me to do with the homehub is there anything else that needs doing other than portforwarding in my bthomehub settings? I also patched the file as recommended in the guides provided on this forum.

Again any information that may help you... tell me where to get it and i will.

Thanks for the reply,, all help is much appreciated!

Archived