Reinstall uTorrent from 32bit Vista to 64bit Win7

SethTP

Hello, im trying to reinstall uTorrent but i moved to a 64 bit OS and now there are 2 program files directories.

I backed up all the "%appdata%\utorrent ------ %programfiles%\utorrent" data

but after installing uTorrent there is no %programfiles%\utorrent directory because it has installed it to the x86 location.

can someone give me step by step reinstall directions please?

also if i want to change all the files to point to a new download location is that possible ?

i did but %programfiles%\uTorrent doesnt exist anymore.

it keeps wanting to install to "C:\Program Files (x86)"

and i want to store all the downloaded data in another place it was in "C:\Users\SethTP\Documents\Downloads" but now uTorrent is using the folder "C:\Users\SethTP\Downloads"

i would like to keep it in the new folder uTorrent is using its easier to get to.

On your fresh Seven 64 bits, you install uT as previoulsy. So utorrent.exe will be in Program Files\uTorrent and your history and settings in the folder %appdata%utorrent (it's a system variable). So just back up the contents of %appdata%utorrent of Vista 32 bits in %appdata%utorrent of Seven 64 bits.

uT should resume your torrent jobs. If not, you can use freeware BEncode Editor (see sticky in General section) to edit resume.dat and change the paths.

Archived