Network hammered when Win7 Laptop and XP utorrent running

mikeyjb8

Hello all,

I Have an XP desktop PC that runs utorrent through wireless (Sky in UK). And a laptop that was running vista, and everything was running swimmingly

UNTIL

I upgraded to Windows 7 on my laptop... The upgrade went fine and my laptop works a treat

BUT

Now whenever I have utorrent running on the XP desktop and my win7 laptop on the wireless network too, suddenly my browsing and torrent speeds drop considerably!!

If I then switch off the laptop, utorrent and browsing springs back to life,

or if I close utorrent on the XP machine then I can browse internet and network them no problem!!

Does anyone know what it is?

My router is the sagem router that sky provide, I have tweaked utorrent as much as i can all to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

You know when you run more than 1 PC/laptop in your LAN with utorrent that the total bandwith is devided?

Perhaps you made the setup guide on Win7 while the XP one was not running, so the selected settings are "out of range" for using both?

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am only running utorrent from the xp machine. Its not installed on my Win7 Laptop.

Its got me baffled!!

My friends vista laptop being on the network is not a problem, its just when Win7 Laptop is switched on!!

Bizarre isnt it!!

Any further ideas?

Oh also if I close utorrent on my xp machine with my win7 laptop on the network, everything springs back into life too

Archived