Best Settings for uploading aggressively on a faster connection ?

GabrielSylar

Well since you gave me the awesome settings,(In this thread http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=63230) I started using a 100Mbps seedbox. I followed your chart settings for that connection, Should I still have connect speed set at 4, and what other tidbits could you offer ? It is the webui, I don't know how much, if any difference that makes.What about transp disposition settings, do they matter with this speed connection ? Since 255 is supposed to cover all bases, that's what I have it on currently. Remember, uploading as fast as possible is my objective. Thanks so very much!

If you're using uTP and Teredo/IPv6 connections on the seedbox, set bt.connect_speed to 4-10. They aren't limited by net.max_halfopen ...so they could constantly be made at 4-10 times per second.

uTorrent v2.0 and v2.1 are probably better suited to a seedbox. They support uTP NAT hole-punching and udp trackers (barely!)...which uTorrent v1.8.x does NOT support.

Test bt.transp_disposition with 15 (uTP + TCP both ways), 13 (uTP only incoming, TCP both ways), and 5 (TCP only). I'd expect probably the best results at this time will be 13, but 15 may work ok if the line's latency is really steady.

The seedbox hopefully has lots of spare ram, so you can set disk cache to handle the much higher speeds. Never set the disk cache higher than ~1700 MB ram (32bit apps are limited to 2GB total ram)...even >500 MB is probably pointless. I use 100-300 MB ram for my slow cable line to reduce disk access slightly. Uncheck any option that decrease disk cache ram use -- you want to use up to that amount and stay there.

Oh, I forgot to mention, this SeedBox uses the WebUI interface, I don't know how much if any that changes things, I never used this interface before, although it is the newest version of the Webui, and doesn't seem too different, other than the info it won't allow you to see, such as trackers, etc.

I set connect speed to 10 and disposition to 15, I am running 40 torrents, My DL is 24kb/s UL 1.2MB/s. That DL seems awfully slow, considering I still have seeding tasks have higher priority unchecked. Thanks again!

Archived