RSS History

Cyberian

It looks like deleting stuff from the History doesn't make it clear stuff from the smart episode filter, so it refuses to re-download... at least now I know why and can tell ludde what to fix :P

Hold your horses, Firon ... That is why we invented the "reset" button "near" the smart ep filter. So that people will not have to delete dat files...

It is to clear this filter's "history" . So, in order to redownload something , if the EP filter was ENABLED you need to:

1. delete it from history

2. "reset" the ep filter for that favorite line

3. Use the "?" button to confirm that your torrent/episodes is NOW on the potential DL list

4. go get it again...

Important - since you deleted ALL episodes listing from the smart EP filter, it is recommended now to add/change the entry for the ep range to those you NOW want to DL, otherwise, you may find youself DLing old episodes again...

In order to avide the need to do that - I have suggested in the past to enhance the smart EP filter to (optionally ?) DL ONLY episodes higher then the largest/latest in it's internal short list.

This was an operator error then... :P but he has a good excuse - no clear instructions in the documentation ...

I suggest to have it engraved in the RSS FAQ-tutorial ( with a credit for me... ;) )

I also STRONGLY suggest (again...) to add a help button at the bottom of the RSS tabs to the tutorial .

It is something to think about... since history can have more them one of the same episode for a particular favorite (e.e one you manually downloaded and one that was auto DLed, both , say, 4X13 ).

It may required the dev to "mark" history records with a flag (even visible to us) - indicating that it WAS auto-downloaded and marked in the smart EP filter. Only then - deleting this line in history will be able to sync and delete the specific record (=ep #) in the EP filter.

So, yep, possible... :)

Archived