Multiple torrents running slows download...

Kaine

Hello all ive been using utorrent for years currently on 2.0 beta. Im on wireless network via a dgl-4500. I have tried connecting via wireless and directly through the modem but encounter the same problem. I have utorrent setup properly everything forwarded properly and checked right but for some reason anytime i have more then 1 torrent running my download goes to crap...

To test this i started downloading the slackware iso provided on here to test speeds. Everything was great reached 1.6MB/s after just a few seconds. Let it download for for about 2 mins then i added another torrent. Both downloads slowed to 5-10kb/sec within 10 seconds. Then i stopped the torrent i added and the slackware iso shoot backs up to 1.6MB/sec. I have no clue whats going on this seems to be happening with all releases from 1.8.3 on for me. Any ideas?

upload slows down as well. No fluctuation in ping or any timeouts when the slow down occurs. I just tested with 2 different slackware iso. Each on there own is downloading over 1.5mb/sec but when i have them both running it slows to 20ish kb/sec. Im starting to wonder if im being throttled.

Archived