Torrents wont download

viprlj08

I tried downloading a torrent but the availability part says .985 and it only downloaded up to 98.5% and stopped so does that mean that i won't be able to download it...but i have another that is downloading right now but its availability is 17.999 so what does that mean...the availability part i mean

An availability of .999 and below means that no one you are connected to has the complete torrent. Whatever number below 1.00 that you see, is the percentage of the torrent that is currently available. In your case, .985 means that only 98.5% of the torrent is available, and everyone will be stuck at that percentage until someone with the complete torrent comes online.

An availability of 1.00 mean you only see one completed copy, and that seeder must remain online for everyone else to complete the torrent.

An availability of 17.999 (your example) means that you see at least 17 completed copies, and should be able to complete the torrent very quickly.

Whenever you browse torrents, always try and consider the amount of seeders available. A high number is good, but it doesn't mean it's a GOOD torrent, just that a lot of people have it.

Archived