Is anyone getting utorrent to work properly with Windows 7?

jbags5

Just seems that its a widespread problem, and the cause of the crashes and network overload is unclear. I recently got Win7 Home Premium installed on a second partition, but kept my old Vista as an alternate boot option. I love Win7 so far, but would hate to have to boot up with Vista every time I wanted to DL or UL torrents (which is all the time). Before installing utorrent in Win7, I just wanted to see if nearly everyone is having problems, or this is just a case of the vocal small minority making it seem that way.

A side question, and I apologize in advance for this being slightly off topic, but in reading around the forums, there seem to be a lot of people far more tech-savvy than I who may have some insight.

I have the dual boot configuration described above (Vista and Win7, both x64). I understand that I have to install new program files in my Win7 partition in order for them to work properly (even if they're already installed under Vista), but I've never really understood how some of the interactions between the two partitions work. For example, while in Win7, could I navigate to the utorrent folder in my Vista partition and run the utorrent program from there? What effect does that have exactly? Or would I actually have to install utorrent in Win7 in order for utorrent to work properly? This aspect of dual operating systems has always confused me a bit.

If anyone has any input on any of the above, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and recently all torrent clients started to freeze my PC. So far I have no idea on this, but I guess uTorrent is not really the problem. Probably a driver compatibility problem or something.

Long time ago I had a dual-boot with 98 and 2000, and I had to re-install everything I had in 98 to 2000, to get them working. I guess it has something to do with registry.

Yeah, I went ahead and installed utorrent on my Win7 partition last night, and it worked great, with no slowdown, crashes or network overload to speak of. The DL actually seemed faster than it was under Vista, but maybe that's just a coincidence. The torrent wasn't u/l well though, but I just may have to recheck some of my advanced settings.

I'm using Win7 Home Premium with Windows firewall and Avast, and utorrent 1.8.5, and it's good news so far...

I'm having countless problems with Windows7, x64, Home Premium.

Random crashes, (this is the only application so far with this issue), self re-installation constantly, and no access to settings.dat file even though I am the administrator and have tried /takeown command. I have un-installed and done fresh installation, and moved settings.dat file to same folder as .exe and still am having issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived