Looking for someone with an nForce 4 Ultra motherboard

Firon

We're looking for someone with an nforce 4 Ultra system. We'd like a system with this chipset so we can test NVIDIA's firewall (ActiveArmor) and try to work around the massive number of crashes it causes.

The new NVIDIA firewall on newer chipsets is fixed, but unfortunately, the old one is unfixable.

If anyone has a system that can run the old ActiveArmor, please post here or contact me directly, firon at utorrent.com. We're looking for either someone to help us debug it, or someone who's willing to part with the whole system (and we will compensate you for it).

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've an Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard. I tried installing ActiveArmor which was on the driver disc but the "massive number of crashes it causes." made me uninstall it and install Sygate and since then everything works fine. I also have access to another computer with an Asus M2NPV-MX. I'll be happy to help <missguided.y0uth1@gmail .com >. My pc is a old one and I remember installing ActiveArmor on xp pro SP2, after which I've formatted my PC several times, upgraded software. But I don't think anybody who has a nforce 4 Ultra system ACTALLY uses ActiveArmor because of the crashes which occur not just while using uTorrent but several other software as well. I've tried and installed almost all the popular firewall/internet security software at some point of time and none of them cause crashes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hy, i have a MSI K8N Platinum, and i have to agree with bugmenot2.

I've tried ActiveArmor 2 or 3 times, because i couldn't belive is that useless how it is. Actually is an impressive software, but has lots of crashes and causes lag. I couldn't get work behind router, so i decide to get rid of it and forget about. In my point of view, better don't spend time on this.

Archived