Noob. Best settings vs Broadband Download speed

PCKid

I've been using uTorrent for awhile and have read the FAQ but would someone give me an indication of the best upload download global maximus etc for an ADSL 150k a second service. We are in an ADLS2+ area in Australia but don't have a D-Slammed exchange yet. So where my mate who has the same plan as me has 400k and upwards I sorta get 150 to 170 most of the time. So though I get pretty good download speeds some expert advice on best settings would be good. Seems since it's been out awhile (uTorrent) it seems strange that someone has comiled a list of best settings for different services. Also when getting 80k or better download spread over a few files my system slows down something cronic. Don't think I have NVIDIA's Firewall running as all I ever install is there graphics drivers. My Windows Firewall is turned off and my router has Port Forwarding enabled for uTorrent. My PC is reasonably specked. P4 3.2, 2 GIG RAM, Geforce 6800GTX 256 MEG RAM. Gigabyte MOBO (Not PCI Express). Still I guess it's bound to slow Windows down if you are using up that much of your download speed.

lol I'm still confused when I read the post. It looks like PCKid doesn't get the 400KB/s like his friend does because he doesn't "have a D-Slammed exchange yet," not because anything's set up incorrectly (he said 150KB/s was his target maximum speed). Now if that "D-Slammed exchange" thingy could be explained to me, maybe I'd be less confuzzled xD

Archived