Port forwarding issues

C2k

Im having issues with port forwarding, Utorrent is telling me that my port isnt being forwarded. There is an exception in my firewall, I even added one manually. I also added an exception in my router itself. I have a static IP address. As far as I know, Everything should be working fine, but my DL speeds are terrible and Im getting that oh so wonderful "!"

Im using a linksys wrt110 router, im running windows vista, any other info you need? and help/suggestions? I also disabled Upnp

It says "No incoming connections. Unless this turns green it could indicate a problem.... "

Im pretty good with this stuff, nut Im having issues with the whole creating a static IP thing. If, on my router the DCHP range is 192.168.1.100 to 149, does that mean it has to be between like 3-99 or 150-254? because I just set it up that way (I also changed the IP address for the port forarding)

It started moving at really slow speeds (<10kbps), and I just ended the process and started it up again, and I still have the same ! but im DLing at around 400 kbps now.

Im using a generic modem as far as i know (Im assuming you just mean the piece of hardware) Im using a wireless router though, the linksys wrt 110. Ive had some issues with it, but none relating to this. Well for now, After I double and triple checked my static Ip address, it seems to be working ok... But If I go to any other place with wifi on my laptop Im going to have to change my static Ip address to use the internet their, arent I? Is there any way to get around that?

What should I use for the static DNS address?

And it keeps interchanging from green, to yellow, to red. It just said that a firewall was blocking it. I double checked the exceptions in my firewall, I double checked my static Ip address and also my router settings and port forwarding (everything was still correct, nothing was changed). I turned the firewall off and back on and about one minute later, it turned green.

Then my DL speeds dropped significantly, so just to see what would happen I turned my firewall off. Yellow light. Then back on, green light. And over the course of a few minutes it kept interchanging. I dont understand the significance and Im getting frustrated feeling like Im playing simon says. Any help?

Oh and my up speeds remain fine, 100+ kbps

Archived