torrenting causes sudden loss of internet

bobsmth966

Whenever I try and download torrents, my internet will suddenly and randomly drop.

I am using a wireless connection on my desktop, and when I unplug then replug my router, the internet comes back on and the torrent resumes downloading until it drops again.

When the internet is working, the speeds are generally good, but since the internet drops I have to be at my computer while it downloads so I can make sure there is internet.

Please respond asap with what I should do to solve this problem; I am a complete noob when it comes to most of this, and so I don't know how to do most of the things suggested on other posts.

If there are specifics I would need to post in order to get help on this, please tell me where to go on my computer in order to find them (I have vista).

Thanks advance for any help.

@The_Nephilim :

I have them both at unlimited, but limiting them to different speeds does not resolve the issue.

@moogly :

Yeah, I have looked at that, and like I said in my post, I don't know how to do any of that.

I will also mention that recently I have that yellow triangle symbol, and nothing I can do has been able to fix that (though I was still downloading torrents fine). I tried to forward my ports by using portforward.com, and trying to get a static ip address caused my internet to get completely screwed up. Currently I will be unable to even do anything to fix utorrent untill I can get my wireless router up and running again, but still post advice on what to do once I am able to again.

well, i don't think that I have too many open connections, because this is happening when there is literally nothing going on on my network.

In terms of the settings I should have, I will say for the 3rd time, I don't understand it. Give me step by step, detailed instructions and then maybe I would be able to make some sense of it.

Archived