Internet disconnect while using uTorrent (Win7 x64)

gasgiant

I've been having really annoying disconnects during downloads the last days with uTorrent on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I know its not my router since it works flawless with other computers i have(They have Vista and XP OS)

Its like windows looses its connection to the gateway and thus creating a disconnect for me.

I run uTorrent 1.8.5, have it in compability mode with Windows Vista (also tried XP SP3 with no luck) and also run it with Administrator privileges. I've also set it to the conservative settings, so the problem shouldnt be there either..

The really strange thing is, it seems to run fine, until i start another program.

For instance i start up VLC to watch a tv-series, movie etc.. and then the connection drops :-S

Why do it work flawless without any conservative settings in Windows Vista and Windows XP?

Before i could download with unlimited speed settings in uTorrent while surfing the net, watching a movie ??

I also entered network information manual in network config, but still it dont work!!!

The router doesnt disconnect or anything as internet us up on other computers i have.

Its like Windows 7 suddenly dont recognize my internet connection....

I had the same problem and my system specs (those that apply here) are as follows:

XFX 680i LT Motherboard

x64 Bit OS Windows 7

nVidia Network Manager 15.51 (I think, whatever the latest build is from www.nvidia.com)

I have read A LOT of posts about this issue, and have tried MANY things. I no longer have the nVidia Network drivers installed, nor the Network Manager. Apparently this only affects the x64 Bit Windows 7 and nVidia Chipset/NIC combination; or at least that I have seen so far. This is not limited to uTorrent, but ANY program/browser that will download LARGE amounts of data.

I came across this post lastly, and so far have not had an issue since... (first response, second down, the original poster)

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/14fc08fb-f62b-4f86-b59f-d7a4d685b3fe

There are some settings that need to be addressed for large file downloads with the OS. I have not re-installed the nVidia software yet but plan on doing so, to see if that really had any affect.

I hope this helps...

5v3n

Good to hear! ;-)

As an update, I have gone ahead and RE-INSTALLED the nVidia NETWORK MANAGER and the 15.51 Drivers.

There does not seem to be a problem so far; I have been using them for several hours now. If I do run into "issues", I will let everyone know...

5v3n

*** EDIT***

JIMMINY GLICK! The "Double post" thing is annoying!

Update: 36+ hours and still no problems, since I have re-installed the nVidia Network Manager and Drivers....

Will still keep you posted....

5v3n

Archived