ban/unban after failed hashcheck

moussie

i blame it on the ISP because i have such problems with every tracker, torrent outside my country..

i can't give u the exact link to the torrent because i have problems accessing the Demonoid page right now

but it's a "Jay Leno 2.9.06" show

i'm connected to 26 peers and i download at 2-7k..

EDIT: i'm not using anything to prevent peers from connecting to me.. :) everyone is invited :P

OK, cheers. Got it.

I've got an account at Demonoid.

Report back 'later'.

I take it from your edit that you're NOT using Peer Guardian 2?

If so, why not? :)

Temp Edit for updates:

29.6% (100Mb) of 347 Mb and so far 0 hash fails

Also, ALL the peers that aren't seeds have now given me SOME data, and as there are no hash fails leads me to believe that there won't BE any! (A very slow piece MAY end up failing later of course).

I'm gonna try to continue with PG2 turned OFF.

Well, I tried with PG2 OFF and I still get no hash fails!

I'll leave it to finish anyway, and see if anything interesting turns up though.

We can't draw any conclusions about the banning algorithm as there was nothing to ban!

Also, I'm still not convinced about your ISP, but there does seem to be something screwed at your end and I can understand why you'd be concerned about the banning in uTorrent.

Have you run a Memtest recently?

That used to account for a lot of unexplained hash fails in the past.

Anyway, I've re-started from scratch with PG2 off to see what happens. The Sony connection hasn't reappeared so far.

This wasn't a particularly good torrent to test with because of the high seed/peer ratio being nearly 3:1.

Did you get any hash fails from seeds btw, or just leeches or both?

i rarely get hashfails.. i think it's the IPS because the connection is good when connecting to peers within the borders my country.. if they're out of the borders there are problems.. how should PG2 help? my connection to such peers is slow (sometimes dead).. this is neither a problem with utorrent, nor the memory

i rarely get hashfails.. i think it's the IPS because the connection is good when connecting to peers within the borders my country.. if they're out of the borders there are problems.. how should PG2 help? my connection to such peers is slow (sometimes dead).. this is neither a problem with utorrent, nor the memory

Well, I thought you said before you got a lot of hash fails? So, I'm confused.

When you said that you had 27 hash fails on the torrent we tested, I suggested using Peer Guardian as some of the peers may have been MPAA or RIAA or whatever.

If the peers outside your country are slow then that would be one problem, but if their data is being corrupted by your ISP also that's another.

Unfortunately, if uTorrent is detecting that the data is corrupt, then it's doing the right thing by eventually banning those peers.

In your particular case though I can understand why you'd want the option to disable banning in uTorrent.

What country do you live in btw? China, Afghanistan? :P

worse.. i'm from Bulgaria.. the reason i don't want to ban those peers is that the more they are the better chance i have to complete downloading quicker.. even if half of the data gets corrupted i get some and that's important :) i got 27 hashfails on torrent with international peers.. i usually download from bulgarian private trackers where there are no such peers and i get no hashfails when i do so

1c3d0g what do u mean?

Archived