How do I designate more than 1 folder for utorrent upload from?

LizardKing270

I have a folder called 'Downloads', where my files download to and upload from, but once my files are downloaded i move them to other folders for better organization. Once I do this, those files will not seed, they have a red icon and say 'Error: Invalid download state, try resuming'. I know there is probably a simple solution but couldnt find anything in preferences or the utorrent faq.

If you don't want to relocate each torrent job one by one because you have a ton, use freeware BEncode Editor (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306) and edit resume.dat in folder %appdata%\utorrent.

You can change the path of many torrents in one click (ability "find/replace").

NB: make a backup copy of resume.dat before editing it.

This is a lot of effort for doing a fairly beneficial thing and giving utorrent access to hundreds more files. Utorrent should have an option to upoload from multiple folders, think of all the files people have moved from their download folders which dont get uploaded. People are less likely to take time out and fix it to give others access to their files - they get nothing out of it themselves, its just so i can share all the awesome downloads i have. Ill try what u said moogly but not now dont have time.

Archived