Utorrent causing internet disconnects

piikea

I've read several of the previous posts on this issue AND tried changing to Switeck's conservative settings which hasn't done the trick.

The confusing part is I have been using Ut on this pc for over a year with no issues until a few days ago (no changes to Ut OR pc!).

ISP has tested signal & it's fine. I'd look to the Modem but if Ut isn't running the disconnects don't seem to occur. If ONLY Ut is running it works fine & does NOT seem to disconnect (or at least not nearly as often). But if Ut is running AND I'm using the internet the random disconnects occur roughly 1 every 5-10 min's or so.

I'm trying to avoid buying a new Modem only to find the same problem occurring but I've tried all I know to save doing that at this point. Anyone have any other ideas (or seen this issue arise on a seemingly "stable", working Ut setup)?

Thanks

Updated Ut version to latest one but it didn't resolve problem.

Didn't change any "Advanced" settings as recommended because I couldn't figure out how.

Network Status Light = green.

upload limit: 22 kB/s upload slots: 3

connections/torrent: 60 connections/global: 99

max. active: 2 max. active d/l's: 1

Disabled DHT.

IP resolving could not find.

Windows Me (ugh) so TCPIP.sys change n/a?

no router.

btw - I have ruled out the Modem as cause since I was able to d/l a torrent using Bit Tornado no problem.

Also, as I said in 1st post uTorrent has been working fine for a year or so until 4-5 days ago & I had not made any setting changes until after it started causing disconnects.

I've just now tried lowering to 32 & it didn't resolve it. Still disconnecting.

I have made absolutely NO changes to the program or my pc. I was using Ut & internet same as everyday of my life & started getting disconnects more & more. That's why I didn't see Ut as a possible culprit until most other things have been eliminated.

I'm stumped.

I love the program & use it constantly so I would hate to lose it.

I have now (except bt.connect_speed). it hasn't disconnected but once today so perhaps some of these changes has it "behaving" better?!

*** update ***

after a couple days "testing" the disconnects seem to have stopped so these new settings must have worked.

thanks everyone!

P.S.

One other question........how adversely will these "conservative settings" affect my download rates? I see that upload is capped at 22

Archived