Number of seeder connected when seeding ?

tetard27

OK but even if I'm not connected to seeders as a client I guess that the tracker knows how many seeders are seeding a given torrent then maybe the information can be reported somewhere.

The information reported in the () is for seeders in the swarn but actually not the curently connected.

That's what the request if for.

Can you provide us with ANY reason why you'd want to be connected to seeds when you yourself are a seed? If ANY client did that, it would easily be considered a bug. If you're asking for number of peers connected to the torrent, then the number in the parentheses IS what you're looking for...

OK I'm going to explain it differently:

How do you determine for a torrent you're currently seeding that you can stop seeding the file because you know that XX persons are seeding with you and that the torrent won't be dead if you stop ?

I know how seeing the peers the the peers number won't let you know if other people are seeding the torrent with you.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It will be very helpfull and easy to the users if they can see how many seeders are seeding this file. (We can then see if the file needs more seeders or not). In other client like Azureus you can always see seeders.

Sorry to insist but I quite agree with Viper.

In fact what we would like to have is the number of seeders when you have complteted the torrent yourself.

Then you can decide to reseed it if there is nobody avalaible for seeding to avoid the torrent to be dead.

I often keep completed torrents with a status stoped for a long time and the only way to see which one I should reseed in priority is to watch the % of completion of the torrent.

For instance if all peers are blocked to the same % I know that there is a lack of seeder since a long time.

Could you please let me know what do you call "scrape values" ?

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here is what I have

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/9285/utorrent2le.th.jpg

The number of seeds in the swarn is always 0, I've completed this torrent few minutes ago there was about 40 seeds

How is that "Seeds:" line not obvious ?

There are 106 seeds, and you are connected to 0 of them (so I guess you are seeding yourself)

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here is what I have

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/9285/utorrent2le.th.jpg

The number of seeds in the swarn is always 0' date=' I've completed this torrent few minutes ago there was about 40 seeds[/quote']

How is that "Seeds:" line not obvious ?

There are 106 seeds, and you are connected to 0 of them (so I guess you are seeding yourself)

Of course I'm seeding that's why I'm asking how I can see how many seeds are seeding this torrent INCLUDING ME to know if I can stop or not.

An no I have no tracker error, the tracker is not down and yes there are seeds that's why i precised that "I've completed this torrent few minutes ago there was about 40 seeds".

It's not that simple obviously

I give up, teaching people how to read is not my job :'(.

Indeed it would be hard anyway for you to teach something you don't do yourself lol, if you"re not happy with the questions asked here or if they are too basic for your so high level why do you come on my post ?

Yes please do me a favour, give up thanks

Archived