Port forwarding work on wireless routers?

xenofactor07

Howdy ya'll

I live in an apartment and my roommate has a Belkin wireless router in his room that I connect to wirelessly. Meanwhile, he connects to it directly with an ethernet cable. My roommate on uTorrent constantly has a green indicator and speeds equivalent to what our ISP should be providing. However, my situation is different. We set up a static IP address on my machine and forwarded the port uTorrent is using on my machine through his router settings. I have a yellow triangle indicator, and my download speeds are 20x less than his, but my upload speeds are usually excellent (which doesn't exactly help me.) So is this port forwarding through his wireless router have any possible chance of working? I'd rather not go to the store and dish out 50 bucks for a 100 ft cable, but I might have to if things don't get better.

Thanks for any help you may lend

I have uPnP disabled, but I will disable to NAT-PMP also. About the LAN IP, I end up getting the IP addresses from my apartment complex with the connection out of the wall. It comes out to be 171.x.x.x, while my roommate's router is 192.168.x.x. Hope that helps. I'm not the best with technical terms.

Archived